Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Disaster, disaster

I have really, really made a mess of things. My Calibre Library was located in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and very happy there I might add. But like always, I suddenly decided that I would like it in a new folder so I opened two Windows Explorer windows and moved the Library to c:\My Documents folder. BTW, I am like this in my decorating. I have to keep changing the look. Anyway, I cheerfully clicked on my Calibre icon and it opened minus my 1600 books. OMG…..I am still trying to breathe. I proceeded to open 2 Windows Explorer windows and move it back. Did this work? Not a chance. BTW, breathing is not overrated. I went to the folder and the books are there. I clicked on the Calibre icon again but no books! I don’t know what to try next and I love, love my books. So can someone please help me.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I have really, really made a mess of things. My Calibre Library was located in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and very happy there I might add. But like always, I suddenly decided that I would like it in a new folder so I opened two Windows Explorer windows and moved the Library to c:\My Documents folder. BTW, I am like this in my decorating. I have to keep changing the look. Anyway, I cheerfully clicked on my Calibre icon and it opened minus my 1600 books. OMG…..I am still trying to breathe. I proceeded to open 2 Windows Explorer windows and move it back. Did this work? Not a chance. BTW, breathing is not overrated. I went to the folder and the books are there. I clicked on the Calibre icon again but no books! I don’t know what to try next and I love, love my books. So can someone please help me.
You did it the hard way

Right click the Library Icon on the Calibre Toolbar: Create/Switch: Use the first choice and point to the new Library folder location.
To avoid confusion on library names, you might change the name of the Library folder before doing this as the list will later show both names.

Once done, you can use the Delete (just deletes the name from the list of Libraries) the old locations name.

The Easy way, would have used the 3rd item on the Create/switch choice list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You did it the hard way

Right click the Library Icon on the Calibre Toolbar: Create/Switch: Use the first choice and point to the new Library folder location.
To avoid confusion on library names, you might change the name of the Library folder before doing this as the list will later show both names.

Once done, you can use the Delete (just deletes the name from the list of Libraries) the old locations name.

The Easy way, would have used the 3rd item on the Create/switch choice list
Ok I rt clicked and it states that my Calibre Library Is currently located at C:\Documents and Settings, where it was originally. Beside new location is an empty box. What folder were you referring to when you suggested that I change the name. Would I be asking too much to ask you not to use the head slapping icon in your assist. I am very fragile at the moment. Anyway, I typed in where I created a new folder and I get the error message no existing library found.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
Venus
Country girl

Now I have 2 library book icons on my task bar. One has 0 books underneath it and the other has "copy to library" underneath.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Venus
Country girl

I have my library. Since you told me that I did it the hard way loosing it, I did it the hard way to get it back. Now my only problem is the extra icon on my task bar. How do I delete the library icon with the "copy to library" underneath it.
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
Venus
Country girl

Ok. Took care of my taskbar. All is well and back to normal. I feel like I have been talking to myself for the past hour. Wait, I have been doing just that. I am profoundly relieved and giddy at the moment. I am sure that will pass when my alarm goes off in 5 hours. Thank you "ducks" for trying to help me.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Ok. Took care of my taskbar. All is well and back to normal. I feel like I have been talking to myself for the past hour. Wait, I have been doing just that. I am profoundly relieved and giddy at the moment. I am sure that will pass when my alarm goes off in 5 hours. Thank you "ducks" for trying to help me.
Some of us live on the other coast or other continents and need sleep before a early day job.
Glad you got it sorted.

BTW The naming, simply comes from the (Library) Folder name that contains the Metadata.db. A blank Library name should not be possible.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Some of us live on the other coast or other continents and need sleep before a early day job.
Glad you got it sorted.

BTW The naming, simply comes from the (Library) Folder name that contains the Metadata.db. A blank Library name should not be possible.
My thank you was sincere. I was laughing at myself because by that time I realized that I was talking to myself and you were probably zzzzzing it up.
I had a long day and was desperate to fix my mistake. As a result I was manic about my typing. Even though I am an athlete, my typing is still basic two finger style.
As for a blank Library name...it was blank except for the original Library name which it wouldn't accept. None the less, thanks for being the "port in the storm".