Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
toolio
Enthusiast
toolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader/IPAQ 210/Ipod Touch
Greetings from Brazil

Hello from Brazil, where ebooks and readers help me satisfy my craving for English-language literature. I'm a Canadian living here, although I still spend a few months a year in Canada.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi toolio and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Welcome to MobileRead toolio - hope you find loads to read in the E-Books section here .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
Slr
Slr began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3, Iliad Book Edition
Oi. I am an American living in João Pessoa. Do you have a reader you bought in Brazil? I am having a terrible time getting mine through customs. I had a CyBook, but it failed the first week and I am having a lot of problems getting Booken to honor any warranty.

Cuprimentos...
Slr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Hello, toolio. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 AM   #6
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Bem vindo!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
celson
celson is on a distinguished road

Device: jetBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slr View Post
Oi. I am an American living in João Pessoa. Do you have a reader you bought in Brazil? I am having a terrible time getting mine through customs. I had a CyBook, but it failed the first week and I am having a lot of problems getting Booken to honor any warranty.

Cuprimentos...
You can buy from the USA thru a company called Mercado Direto - http://www.mercadodireto.com - that will even let you pay in 3 installments with your international credit card. I bought mine this way. Remember the brazilian IRS will charge you 60% of the product's price for taxes, and another tax, ICMS, will be added to it.

For example, I just bought my jetBook at $159.99 at NewEgg. They added to it $159.69 (taxes) and $45.80 (service and courier). Total = $365.48
celson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hello to both tolio and slr and welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote