Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
sbin
Voracious reader
sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS T2, iPhone 6, Cybook Orizon, Cybook Gen3
template for "send to device" customization

I'd like to use the following filename rule for sending to my device ebooks belonging to series:
Code:
{author_sort}/{series} {series_index:0>3s}. {title} ({pubdate})
but calibre send ebooks named as:
Code:
{author_sort}/{title} ({pubdate})
Download a very short video showing the problem.

I opened a ticket in http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com but I'm beginning to suspect that this is somehow my fault for doing something wrong
sbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do those books have series information (couldn't tell from the video)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
sbin
Voracious reader
sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.

Yes, they have.
Here's a screenshot:

By the way, using the same string in "save to disk" works just fine.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm, OK I guess user_none will look at it when he has time
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
turdette
turdette began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Ipad
I am having the same kind of problem. Actually part of it is probably because I cannot get the coding right for adding a book. When I send my book to my device I would like the following:

Author (folder) - Series (folder) - (filename) series series index - title

Can anyone help? I have been trying to figure this all out for 2 weeks now!
turdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdette View Post
I am having the same kind of problem. Actually part of it is probably because I cannot get the coding right for adding a book. When I send my book to my device I would like the following:

Author (folder) - Series (folder) - (filename) series series index - title

Can anyone help? I have been trying to figure this all out for 2 weeks now!
Look at the sample below:
All field names must be lower case inside curly braces.
any text outside the braces is Literal text
Myfolder/{author}/{title}
Puts an Author folder inside the folder "Myfolder"
The author folder contains the title
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
@sbin, Go into Preferences, Plugins, Device Interface Plugins, Cybook Gen 3. Check the Save template, is it the same as the default in add/save?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:33 AM   #8
sbin
Voracious reader

Yes, it is!
I changed it to my preferred template and that worked.

But now I can't change it from preferences>add/save>sending to device; whatever I may specify, the template used is always the one on the device interface plugin.
If I delete the default template there, calibre doesn't send any file at all.
(I don't know if calibre is supposed to behave like this or not, so maybe this last detail may be inconsequential)

Last edited by sbin; 01-07-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I've changed the behavior so that when a device specific template is missing it uses the global one from add/save.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote