Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Where are searches saved?

Hi,

I successfully migrated my library and all the settings to the new HDD (and big thanks to this forum). But now I discovered that saved searches list is empty. No biggie, there were only few, but I'm curious: where does Calibre store them and can I copy them from my old HDD?

trav
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
They are stored in the metadata.db file for the library they are associated with.

If you didn't copy the metadata.db file then there are a lot of preferences that went away. The attachment shows the list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	309
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	91314  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Thanks.
I copied whole Calibre Library folder to the new disk, column coloring and hierarchical columns are as they were before. So probably I didn't have any searces saved for this library (just checked, another library has them all right).
Good to know that every library has it's own search data.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote