Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #16
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Ok I added some books from calibre to my Touch.. Covers did not go still actually thats not ture one cover goes. but its random... at any rate decided to on device delete them. Deleted from the touch and 5 mins later the touch was processing content.. imagine my suprize when i see the books i just deleted there again.

did not do this before the update to calibre.
I will take a look. I have noticed that the touch seems to occasionally take longer for images to show up. I am not sure if that is my imagination or whether it is a feature.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Quote:
Tim I noticed the Books im loading via calibre are saying expired. Not sure what this means But i am delting books as we speak.

Can you advise?
In this version I decided to follow the flow that the device uses. When a book is deleted the book record is left in the database until you sync next time. I may however just hide it in the next release

Tim
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #18
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
So just as a follow up. I finally got the covers to go over for the 11 books I was fighting with. I am not sure what caused the problem and I did use Calibre to do it. Essentially I xploded the epubs in question. I then Deleted the covers from within. Redownloaded the covers. Reconverted the ebooks and transfered them over. Why it was not happening properly I can not say. Prehaps when i rebuilt the epubs I removed some corruption in them. Not sure and not sure what was different to make it work.
But my best to the Calibre team for such an awsome piece of software.. Kobo Dudes take some notes you need some of these features for the KDS.
The biggest thing regarding covers in the current version is that the KOBO does not check the epub for changes after it has been processed. So unless you delete the book from the device completely and send an ePub that has the correct cover it will not change the cover.

Hopefully that will be fixed in the next Calibre driver next week.

Tiom
Old 06-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #19
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
The biggest thing regarding covers in the current version is that the KOBO does not check the epub for changes after it has been processed. So unless you delete the book from the device completely and send an ePub that has the correct cover it will not change the cover.

Hopefully that will be fixed in the next Calibre driver next week.

Tiom
On that note I fully deleted the books on the kobo rebooted it every time. So far it seems that the issue is something to do with the epubs. The exploded feature in calibre allowed me to delete the books cover from inside the epub. I used the rebuild command after deleteing the cover. I noticed that it made no diference to the kobo the result was the same no covers. How ever I did notice that after exploding the epub a second time that the cover was no long inside the epub even though i added it afterward. I had to reconvert the epub at this point with the new cover. Exploding the epub again at this time I was able to examine it and now the new cover was sitting inside the epub. I then transfered the now new version of the epub over and all books that had no covers were now showing up with the covers. I do not understand why the ADE showed the covers yet Kobo could not. My guess would be in how it was handling the epubs. Regardless at the end of the day they all showed up.

so what i do now for books with missing covers that actually show in calibre is.

after first deleteing the epub in question off the ereader

step 1: explode epub
step 2: delete the cover from with in the epub
step 3: rebuild the epub
step 4: download the cover off of the isbn website.
step 5: i reconvert the epub with the new cover information
step 6: resend the epub to the kobo

Not sure if this will help or not but it is the way it seems to be working and sadly a coverless ebook hurts my eyes...

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #20
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
I will take a look. I have noticed that the touch seems to occasionally take longer for images to show up. I am not sure if that is my imagination or whether it is a feature.

Tim
Typically once my Touch has finished processing the books, my covers are there immediatly. So I dont know if the delay is precieved or not.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #21
Joe B.
Joe B. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Yeah, they were just using a different format for the id of those books.

Yes, Currently you can manage the ShortList/Favourites, Im_Reading, Closed, Finished. I hope that a future firmware version will add full support for Shelves like on the mobile devices.

Tim
How can we manage the Shortlist, etc. This is one feature that I'm desparately missing!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Joe B. is offline   Reply With Quote