Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Not getting Calibre connected via wifi to Nook?

Hi all,

I found a great article on using Calibre, and I followed it step by step and everything worked so well, until I actually tried to connect via wifi to my Nook Tablet.

Here's that website with instructions:

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-buy-ebo...all-1553478027

I see the connect and share in Calibre, I have my book from Amazon, oh, and it connected as a mobi but I selected epub, or it said it would automatically change to epub, can't remember now.

Anyway, can someone shed some light on this for me?

The version of my Nook is:

1.4.3. Model BNTV250A so it is older, I think I purchased it in 2012

Thank you much, Denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The only true WiFi <=> Calibre connection is only available on Android devices while using Calibre Companion. (behave more like a USB cable connection)

If your Device has a Web Browser, you can start Calibres Content Server (some initial configuration required).
The content server allows PULL connections.
Calibre is unaware of what is on the device. Just like it would be downloading a book from the MR Library. The Library has no idea who/what pulled a book copy.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The only true WiFi <=> Calibre connection is only available on Android devices while using Calibre Companion. (behave more like a USB cable connection)

If your Device has a Web Browser, you can start Calibres Content Server (some initial configuration required).
The content server allows PULL connections.
Calibre is unaware of what is on the device. Just like it would be downloading a book from the MR Library. The Library has no idea who/what pulled a book copy.
Thank you for this, I was alerted there was an answer here. I'll check my notification choices.

My Nook is considered Android, and I do have a browser on it. If it's android, there should be no problem though with wifi?? It doesn't have a usb port so that is out.

Ok, reread your first paragraph. Are you saying if I download Calibre Companion it will work with my Nook right? I have Calibre 2.22 so that won't do evidently? Again, I am sorry I didn't get your message earlier, I really appreciate your help Denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:42 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal52 View Post
Ok, reread your first paragraph. Are you saying if I download Calibre Companion it will work with my Nook right? I have Calibre 2.22 so that won't do evidently?
Calibre and Calibre Companion are two different products!

Calibre (for which 2.22 is currently the latest) provides as standard a web server capability so that any device with a web browser can get browse your library and download books from it.

Calibre Companion (which you pay for - albeit only a few dollars) is a companion app that can be run on most Android devices. It provides an enhanced interface to Calibre and is highly recommended for Android users. The author of Calibre Companion is also active in Calibre development so has been able to leverage his Calibre experience when developing Calibre Companion.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:53 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The Nook Color runs Android 2.3 so can run CC. However, that tablet is very memory-constrained and rather slow. CC will occasionally have trouble displaying covers, and if there are many books on the device then sometimes "grouping" (searching) will fail.

CC is not available in the Nook App Store. When we asked the Nook team they answered saying that they did not want our app because it put a hole in the wall around their garden. However, some Nook tablets have access to Google Play (not sure if the NC is one of them) so you might be able to get CC free or paid there.

If you want to try CC I strongly recommend you try the free version so that you can see what CC does and be sure that CC and calibre can communicate on your network.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If that Nook is underpowered, your experience will suffer (at no fault of the product. Would you move a regular Piano in a Fiat 500?)

In the meantime (not trying to kill a sale Charles )
you can start up the content Server and use it with the Nooks browser to get books to the Nook. NOTE: the books need to be already in the proper format within Calibre.

Walled Gardens (especially those w/broken glass topped walls)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote