Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #16
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
iPad is a great device but not for reading... My wife has iPad 3 but I can't read more than 20 minutes from iPad screen. I don't have any problems reading on my jetBook Color.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #17
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've just finished reading Life of Pi on my iPad. It's fine, but I still prefer my ereaders.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #18
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Funny, and exactly why I can not read on my tablets. I was on vacation without a kindle once and it drove me nuts having to read on my iPad.
The constant - and usually self-imposed - distractions, plus uncomfortable weight and LCD screen were just too much.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #19
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

E-Book-Reader mit Farbdisplay als Lernhilfe - Ectaco Jetbook Color im Warentest

gute Kommentare:

" Erst mal kannst Du auf einem iPad drausse nicht lesen. Und auch drinnen tränen dir spätestens nach zwei Stunden die Augen. Das kann man mit elektronischer Tinte gar nicht vergleichen.

Ich hab das Ding und kann es nur empfehlen. Die Firmware wird mit jedem Update besser so dass ich mir da keine Sorgen mache.

Für E-Book Fans mit Niveau zu empfehlen. Stupide Zocker können gern eweiterhin z um iPad greifen. ''
Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
gute Kommentare:
Für E-Book Fans mit Niveau zu empfehlen. Stupide Zocker können gern eweiterhin z um iPad greifen. ''
Kris, did you just call your wife studip?!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Kris, did you just call your wife studip?!
No, she is smart - she never use iPad for reading .
Old 12-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #22
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
This is so true

I have an iPad which I tried reading a book on but just couldn't. Other than the fact that the backlighting was very uncomfortable to my eyes, it was very distracting. It was difficult for me to concentrate on the book I was reading, knowing that YouTube and my apps are only a tap away made it impossible for me to finish a chapter! That was one of the reasons why I decided to get myself a Kindle and I'm really happy that I did and I'm glad that the browser on the Kindle Paperwhite is very basic and unsatisfactory.
Yes.. I always want check email etc. on kindle I don't have that temptation.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #23
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
With the march of progress, PEBKAC gives way to PEBTAC.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
With the march of progress, PEBKAC gives way to PEBTAC.
What are those acronyms?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #25
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
What are those acronyms?
PEBMUA*

* I hate acronyms including Prepubescent Empty Brain Made Up Acronyms
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #26
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I've been reading on a tablet for a couple of years now, and really don't see the problems.

I like the flexibility of multiple apps, and a dedicated monochrome reader is just useless in comparison for those of us who want to read comic books.

I'd love a dedicated reader for fiction, but for one device to read everything - a tablet is better for me.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I never knew that dedicated ereaders could induce hallucinations. Maybe tablets are a better idea after all ...
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #28
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I never knew that dedicated ereaders could induce hallucinations. Maybe tablets are a better idea after all ...
Now you know. I'm thinking drug war and controlled technology....
Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #29
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Now you know. I'm thinking drug war and controlled technology....
The War on eReading. My oh my, what is your nation coming to? I can just hallucinate it now: eink sniffing dogs, prohibition on ereading paraphernalia (like reading lights), ebook dealers hanging out in dark alleys, electronics recyclers (after the fashion of Guy Montag) ...
Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #30
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
The War on eReading. My oh my, what is your nation coming to? I can just hallucinate it now: eink sniffing dogs, prohibition on ereading paraphernalia (like reading lights), ebook dealers hanging out in dark alleys, electronics recyclers (after the fashion of Guy Montag) ...
Yep its already started - you know that publisher collusion thing.....