Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay I am going to wade in here. The file is indeed missing now.

I **THINK** I have a copy of it on one of my Operating sytems.
if it becomes critical I will have a dig around.

I did try out this hack and found it to be about 50% effective

and 0% effective compared lo a text browser like "links", "lynx" etc...
Perhaps someone could just slice through another copy of the libs and do what Yianfu pointed out had been done with the older file.

replace _blank with self_ (or whatever way round.) before anyone else tries - that file is blocked on the Chinese network and there is no way we are getting it.

I'll have a hunt around in the interim.

time to

sudo find / -iname '*'"libwebkit-1.0.so.2.5.0.7"'*' 2> /dev/null

everyone!

EDIT: Nope looks like I deleted it as "not fit for purpose". sorry.

Last edited by twobob; 09-06-2012 at 08:34 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
http://code.google.com/p/gsnippet/do...ebpatch-0.3.7z

As installable update files.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ninja. nice one. bedtime

Quote:
README IN ENGLISH - WELL ALMOST

This patch package Hack, Kindle 3 browser to provide the following functionality:

A new window to open in the original window (hacked by ctc).
2. Increase download both pdf. Epub file format.

The software already includes the the ctc webpatch patch, see http://hi.baidu.com/44670

(link is no good)

! ! Important! !

Original files in the patch package does not modify the system, if installed, the browser does not work, uninstall method:
Remove files in Kindle / webkit directory coverage webpatch file, then you can restart.
After successfully uninstalled, Kindle / webkit directory more a file uninstall.log.

If you use this patch does not work, but I hope to use this patch as soon as possible,
Your / mnt / us / webkit / backup directory / mnt / usr / webkit / install.log file can be packaged to compression to us, we give it a try can not solve.

Last edited by twobob; 09-06-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
just a couple of hours ago i was searching for a solution to this. found this thread, but ended up trying something else instead, see here - javascript changes to add a menu item to modify the links.

Last edited by hippy dave; 09-06-2012 at 08:48 PM.
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
twobob

seen it tried it done it.
also tried the one that does it automatically in article mode and fixes the silly article mode error, could be the same thread.
In the end I am not actually supportive of getting any and all content via 3g. its foolish.

Oh a web log: I wonder who has modified their device.
Oh A convenient list of media types not on our approved lists...

etc..

I like lynx. I think Nilujes implementation of it into usbnet is excellent and it suits my purposes. a wget script does much the same thing. If we are discussing actually retrieving content.

I only do it via wifi, never 3g. That is my choice but I find it to be a sensible one having on more than one occasion been the man with "those logs"... I also have seen large breach of contract ban hammers enforced. Unlikely but honestly I can do without the hassle. Those are my thoughts.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #21
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Well,i found it can not download pdf files.
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
Well,i found it can not download pdf files.
A bit of context please.
The post above this one mentions one patch, two programs, and two connection methods.

If you use the 'quote' button rather than the 'quick reply' box, the context will be included for you.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #23
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

just trying this on k4, substituting libwebkit.so seems to work for the sites i just tried.
substituting browserd (from knc1's package) stops the browser from working, so i've left it out. what is modified in browserd anyway?
cheers
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy dave View Post
substituting browserd (from knc1's package)
? ? ? ? ?
What are you writing about here?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #25
hippy dave
Zealot

sorry if that wasn't very clear

i downloaded this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
unpacked it with kindletool, and un-tar-gz'd the contents - a folder called webkit, containing:

Code:
browserd (hacked browser daemon)
libwebkit.so (hacked library)
README (text file full of crazy foreign characters that os x wasn't having any of :) )
remove (uninstall script)
webpatch (activation/deactivation script)
the hacked library works on my kindle, the hacked daemon doesn't, was just wondering if anyone knew what was actually changed in the daemon.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy dave View Post
sorry if that wasn't very clear

i downloaded this:

unpacked it with kindletool, and un-tar-gz'd the contents - a folder called webkit, containing:

Code:
browserd (hacked browser daemon)
libwebkit.so (hacked library)
README (text file full of crazy foreign characters that os x wasn't having any of :) )
remove (uninstall script)
webpatch (activation/deactivation script)
the hacked library works on my kindle, the hacked daemon doesn't, was just wondering if anyone knew what was actually changed in the daemon.
Ah, so
Not my package, just a link I found for someone else earlier in the thread where you found the link.

The crazy characters tell you about the author: Yetist.

From the download link page: click Source, click Changes, that should give you a lead on what was changed.
Those will be the changes made as the repository saw them, but most authors start out by populating the repository with the original code.
(No, I didn't check back to see if Yetist did it that way, I had to leave something for you to click yourself.)
Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #27
hippy dave
Zealot

ha, good idea, thanks
Old 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #28
hippy dave
Zealot

nope, can't find any more info there.
using the patched lib appears to have broken text input on some websites (not this one) - weird.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
twobob

IIRC correctly he binary search and replaced _blank with _self. That is all that was done accordingly to my buggy recollection of what was said by Yifan Lu.

Since I can remember this the info must be out there. Somewhere.

Nothing to stop anyone else doing the same thing.
HTH
Old 09-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #30
hippy dave
Zealot

cool, thanks. i noticed the lib file is a different size to the one that comes with the k4, despite the same version number in the filename, so maybe i'll poke the k4 version and see what happens.