Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
ghodur
Librarian
ghodur began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone and Kindle Touch
How do I give my Social Group a Picture?

How do you replace the question mark with a pic as the identifier for your social group? I have the pic and it's in my album, just can't figure out how to put it there instead of the question mark.
ghodur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Select the group and then look at the bar at the bottom. Do you see EDIT GROUP? Select that to add a picture.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
ghodur
Librarian

Sorry, but this doesn't work. Edit has very few options. You can choose the type of group and enable group options, but selecting a picture isn't one of them.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:19 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Are you able to do/see the below?
Once in the group you want to add an image, scroll down to the blue bar with options, and click on "EDIT GROUP"Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit1.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	80601 <--click to enlarge

Then scroll down down pass that edit box and you will see the "EDIT GROUP ICON" box.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	80602 <-- click to enlarge
From there you can use "Option 2" and "Upload Image From Your Computer ".
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
ghodur
Librarian

Thanks for your directions, and I totally get it, but it just will NOT scroll down past that box. Just below the box is the standard blue band with Contact Us, FAQ, etc. and that's the bottom of the page.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since both of us that answered you are moderators, we may have access while you do not.

I see the below three groups. Of the three, you have one that is under your name and I would expect that you could add the pic to that group and not the others. I will check into this, but in the meantime, would you like me to add the group icon for you? If yes, please let me know which picture and where it is.

Librarians
Group Maintained by orionpozo

Mystery and Detective readers
Group Maintained by renehasekamp

The Usual Suspects
Group Maintained by ghodur
Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
ghodur
Librarian

Actually it's the group that's under my name that I'm having the problem with. I would have thought that I could do anything with my own group. The pic I want is the one that's displayed in the group's picture area, the crime scene pic. I changed my group's designation to moderated rather than public, but still no luck getting the pic editing piece. If you can do it, please go ahead.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodur View Post
Actually it's the group that's under my name that I'm having the problem with. I would have thought that I could do anything with my own group. The pic I want is the one that's displayed in the group's picture area, the crime scene pic. I changed my group's designation to moderated rather than public, but still no luck getting the pic editing piece. If you can do it, please go ahead.
I had to resize the image and upload it to put in on as your group icon.

It looks like it is there and the group is listed now. Let me know if it is different for you or you have any other questions.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
ghodur
Librarian

Thank you so much! It is there and it is beautiful!