Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
sleepy6553
Connoisseur
sleepy6553 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
I've forgotten how

I'm doing just fine converting EPUB books through Calibre. Now I can't remember if I can convert a book that was downloaded on Amazon through Calibre. Is that possible?
sleepy6553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Some Kindle ebooks are DRM-free, but most have DRM (encryption). Calibre can convert DRM-free Kindle ebooks for you. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for what to do about the DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
sleepy6553
Connoisseur

I already know how to do the conversion. What I'm not sure about is how to get an Amazon book that is on my Kindle into the Calibre library on my computer so that I can convert it. I have the USB hooked up from my Kindle to the computer. I see the book listed but I don't see how to actually get it into my Calibre library. I hope I'm making sense!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy6553 View Post
I see the book listed but I don't see how to actually get it into my Calibre library.
In the Device View the "In Library" column will be blank. Select an ebook, right click on it and select "Add Books to Library". To do many at once, click on the first and shift-click on the last (to select them all), then right click and select "Add Books to Library".
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
sleepy6553
Connoisseur

OK, it looks like I have it in my library now. (Thanks) But when I click to convert it, it says "Could not convert because no suitable source format was found." The book is AZW1 format. Can Calibre convert that format?