Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
verbose
verbose began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505. Kindle 2 and iPhone
Ended up with PSR505

Hi all,

I would like to thank everyone who informed me how to go about
purchasing a kindle. Your advice was appreciated, but in spite of
my desire to get one, the procedure seemed a little too complicated for
me. So, I went to the Sony store in town and checked out both the
PSR700 and the 505 and, for my use, the 505 works just fine.

The kindle is still my first choice, and if and when it is
available in Canada and I can download books straight into
the device and use it in combination with my iPhone, I will
be happy.

Now, I am going to check out the other forums.
verbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Congratulations! I hope you'll be happy with it
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I hope you enjoy your reader. I got my sony prs-505 last week and I'm loving it so far. I'm still learning though. You should check out the prs-505 forum on this site--that has been VERY helpful to me.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I think being outside of the U.S., some of the Kindle features would not be useful for you.

The Sony is a very nice device and hope you are very happy with it.

What color did you get?

Adam
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congratulations! I hope you love it (I think you will).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Congrats on choosing the very best reader out there A little biased, yes, but accurate!

Enjoy!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I almost picked the Kindle but opted for the Sony. I am very happy that I did. The Sony is smaller, lighter and has a great feel to it. The kindle is basically $100 more since it does not have a cover (which you need). I really don't need wireless for my purposes... So the Sony is perfect. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote