Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #1066
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
Thank you, but I didn't find the sugested link ... Can you helop me ? I'm new on this "LAND". Thank you very much
TOP STICKY IN SUB-FORUM... (I.E. THIS THREAD)

Spoiler:

Top link takes us here (thread where you are now, TOP POST)
Debricking guide

5th link is

USB debricking for noobs (K4/K5)

Images Ixtab was mentioning.

Hope that clears things up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_077.png
Views:	521
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	100606  

Last edited by twobob; 02-03-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: top post
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #1067
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch software Version 5.1.2
thx you all

Thank you for operative help. I didn't meet till now people like you.. Thx .
I want ask you, if I will downgrade my Kindle to the version 5.0.0 (like in the tutorial), after this I will be able to upgrade to 5.1.2?

Thx
ivakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #1068
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Thank you for operative help. I didn't meet till now people like you.. Thx .
I want ask you, if I will downgrade my Kindle to the version 5.0.0 (like in the tutorial), after this I will be able to upgrade to 5.1.2?

Thx
yes .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #1069
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

a

I started to follow steps from Silver18's tutorial , but several link didn't work.. Can I found somewhere all this filles in one single RAR archive for example ? THX

FIles that I can't found:
http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle...t-5.0.0.img.gz
http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle...1-kt-5.0.0.img

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-03-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #1070
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I started to follow steps from Silver18's tutorial , but several link didn't work.. Can I found somewhere all this filles in one single RAR archive for example ? THX

Those links have been dead for months now - -
Just try: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images.php

Note that all of those images are compressed for storage, you will have to un-compress them.
Linux/MacOSx : gunzip
WinBox: 7zip will un-compress them.

Last edited by knc1; 02-03-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #1071
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Heavens to Betsy! are those links still floating round?

Maybe nudge Silver18 to remove them : )
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #1072
ivakuska
Enthusiast

hi

thx for the hint, but is not the same files like in the tutorial , i mean files that I posted on those links. Thx. I need the exact files.

thank you
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #1073
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
thx for the hint, but is not the same files like in the tutorial , i mean files that I posted on those links. Thx. I need the exact files.

thank you
Those are the exact files for a K5 (Kindle Touch).

That tutorial has gone through a number of revisions - -
We don't know which version of the tutorial you are reading - -
But we do know which versions of the files you should use.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #1074
lehbaurd
lehbaurd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yes, the update_*README instructions are what is recommended and working. If you downladed the .bin file, don't try to put it on the Kindle, but open it in notepad

Ok, I'll just delete the file from the server. Makes more sense. Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks for clearing that up ixtab.

Can I just go ahead use the update_*README instructions on my 5.3.2 level firmware? I am guessing that this doesn't downgrade the firmware or am I just being thick?
lehbaurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #1075
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:

thank you
No, you don't need these exact files.

You need a diags kernel, a diags partition, a main kernel, and a main partition. That would be kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags.gz, kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img.gz, kt_5.1.2-kernel_main.gz, and kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main.img.gz for your purpose.

Trust me, use these files. They work. I've done it dozens of times.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #1076
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehbaurd View Post
Thanks for clearing that up ixtab.

Can I just go ahead use the update_*README instructions on my 5.3.2 level firmware? I am guessing that this doesn't downgrade the firmware or am I just being thick?
If the 5.3.2 is already jailbroken, yes. Otherwise you have to either jailbreak it, or downgrade to 5.1.2 (i.e. do the same as ivakuska).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #1077
ivakuska
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
If the 5.3.2 is already jailbroken, yes. Otherwise you have to either jailbreak it, or downgrade to 5.1.2 (i.e. do the same as ivakuska).
I meet another problem : after I start MGF Tool and press START (kindle fastboot), my computer don't want to recognize the driver that i downloaded (Kindle-Fastboot.inf). I gave the way where is located my Kindle-Fastboot file but didn;t work...
Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #1078
ivakuska
Enthusiast

Ixtab

I want to ask you something. I saw that you're realy the GODNESS in kindle's problem, and you know better that everyone of us this things. PLease, can you make one video tutorial how make this downgrade - this will be more effectively than hundred of replies on the forum..... If you want yo can reply on private and we can amke a deal if you want.. I'm dispose to pay for your help.. Waiting answer..

repond on my private chat..
Thx

Now I encoutered a problem with the Kindle-Fastboot.inf....
THX

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-03-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #1079
twobob

It's unusual for developers to provide private chat assistance. (even for money)

For obvious reasons. We would be doing it all that time.

I think what you are saying is "A video would work better in all languages", now on this point I would tend to agree. However, since it does not exist. You don't specify a "location" in your Mobile Read "Profile" so I can't guess at a language that you might natively speak.

But honestly the guides are at least correct. if not easy to follow in all languages.

So perhaps a native <Your Language here> speaker could assist you more helpfully.

Also. I am guessing Windows as a platform (per your last comment) there are step by step guides with "pictures" on the debricking thread for that platform (If I recall correctly by Geekmaster)

Search there.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #1080
ivakuska
Enthusiast

hi

It's a little bit difficult..
Maybe you can join together and make this video tutorial (if something depends by me I can give help). Thousands of people will apreciate this and will "worship"

Thx in advance

Tags
debricking