Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Rp3
Rp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
New Sony Reader

Hello,

Just got the Sony reader and am actually charging it up now.

Can't wait to give it a try...

Rp3
Rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Welcome Rp3, I hope that you will have as much fun with your Sony reader as I have had with mine.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Rp3
Rp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks, additional thoughts so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina
Welcome Rp3, I hope that you will have as much fun with your Sony reader as I have had with mine.

Well All I can say so far is I love it. Am about 1/2 way through NEXT and I can't get enough. I fly a lot (way too much for work actually) and this thing is a godsend. I can now carry multiple books, reports, etc.. Without all the dam weight and space they take up!!!!!!!! For this alone it is worth the 350!

I also find it funny the guys that review it and say it's not good at this or that, but they say it is very good as a reader. Well thats all it is, and I love it for that. I am sick of devices that try to do too much and don't do anything very well at all. I am grateful for this. I bought it to read books, period. It does that very well. The issue about the light also makes me laugh, I don't recall ever having a book with a built in light before, so this isn't a big deal to me. If I want to read in the dark then I will get a light.

As far as all the buttons go (another review I read that said the buttons were terrible), they work great for me and no issues.

And the Sony Connect store? Well it works for me, I got my 50$ credit thanks to who ever put up that tip n trick to find it, but really no issues. Works as I expect it would. Maybe a bit hard to find things, but who cares, I don't get all my books from there anyways.

If your not sure, I LOVE IT.

Rp3

Last edited by Rp3; 12-19-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote