Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
softengdeb
Debasish
softengdeb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reder
Post Any body sujjest me?

Dear all,

Can/could you help me how to convert .epub 2 .awz format for kindle?

Thanks
Deb
softengdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
softengdeb
Debasish

Any body send me workflow is CS4-based, which basically means InDesign. We can provide PDF and/or InDesign output EPUB. Please advise. Would you do a conversion to the Amazon AWZ format?
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Hi Deb, welcome to Mobileread. I don't have a Kindle, but Calibre, a program that runs on Windows, Mac and Linux can convert an epub file to mobi, and I'm pretty sure that mobi file can be read on your(?) Kindle.

Calibre has its own forum here, and is free. It also can organize an ebook collection, which is pretty useful just in itself.

Hope this helps :-)

pholy

Oh - is awz the really messy Topaz DRM? If so, I can't help there, sorry. Not that I encourage anybody to use DRM of any kind... :-(

Last edited by pholy; 02-14-2010 at 11:48 PM.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by softengdeb View Post
Dear all,

Can/could you help me how to convert .epub 2 .awz format for kindle?

Thanks
Deb
Welcome to MobileRead, deb

As long as the book isn't drm'd you can use Calibre to convert it...good luck.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
What Amazon calls AZW is essentially MOBI, so convert from ePub to MOBI using Calibre (has its own forum here). Calibre conversion has an output profile for the Kindle, but I don't know if it makes a difference in the MOBI that is produced or not.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
softengdeb
Debasish

Post Regarding AZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Hi Deb, welcome to Mobileread. I don't have a Kindle, but Calibre, a program that runs on Windows, Mac and Linux can convert an epub file to mobi, and I'm pretty sure that mobi file can be read on your(?) Kindle.

Calibre has its own forum here, and is free. It also can organize an ebook collection, which is pretty useful just in itself.

Hope this helps :-)

pholy

Oh - is awz the really messy Topaz DRM? If so, I can't help there, sorry. Not that I encourage anybody to use DRM of any kind... :-(
Hi,
Pholy
Thanks for your co operation. Can you confirm mr .mobi is .azw file. Both are supported same reader?

Deb
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
From Amazon's website:

Quote:
Content Formats Supported: Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote