Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Links and anchors

I finally made the transition from 0.6.2 to 0.7.1. I usually wait for a ppa to be avaialble for a 64bit Ubuntu version, but it seemed too good to wait this time. Thanks to meme I got through the compile process. Now I have 2 issues:

1. I saw this problem in a thread, but didn't see an answer. I can't get link/anchor combinations to work in code or book view. I've tried ctrl-click and the menu selections. I get an empty image box or the style sheet shown.

2. I want to move my dictionaries and clips/searches from 0.6.2 to 0.7.1, but I can't find where they are in 0.6.2.

Any help would be great.
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Can't help you on the first issue about links and anchors. Your old per-user sigil dictionaries, clips and searches are tucked away under a "hidden" folder (named .local) in your home directory as .ini files. Find them with

find ~ -name '*.ini' -ls

This will also list firefox preferences and any plugin preferences, such as ad aware. The Firefox per-user cache is in there too, so it takes a while to sift through all the various files to find the sigil ones.
signum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
dicknskip
Zealot

Thanks for that info. I never would have found them with out it. That's fixed. Links still don't work. Like the first post about 0.7.1 says - from a ctrl-click or a right-click menu in code-view I get an empty image pop-up and that s all. From a click in book-view the item is highlighted and that's all. Strange and it comes close to making 0.7.1 useless for me.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
It is a bug. Fixed in the next release.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
dicknskip
Zealot

Thanks again meme.
Is the release date for that known yet?
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
dicknskip
Zealot

I have had a chance to do some work with 0.7.1. The link problem is still a major issue to me, but I can revert to 0.6.2 when doing links for the short term. The new book-view window, the coordinated cursor, the new spell checker, and the other other 0.7.1 features are amazing. Thanks a whole bunch guys.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
@dicknskip: There's another person at launchpad doing sigil PPAs. His routine is to compile from the latest git every couple of weeks or so and make PPAs available for the releases of Ubuntu still supported by Canonical. Frankly, it's a little too bleeding edge for me, but other, braver, souls might like to know about it. Start at

https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/sigil-git

Since this is very volatile code, should you have problems, you are on your own. But do let us know how it goes if you try it.
signum is offline   Reply With Quote