Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
KDA1
KDA1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 wifi
eBook stand...this one's nice

I have a Kindle WiFi, which I typically keep in a pouch but I needed a stand for it. There are A LOT of stands out there but I didn't want to take out a mortgage to get one.

Here's the one I got from http://www.ebookring.net

According to the site the ebook ring will fit a lot of ebook readers.

It was only $5...shipping included. Not bad.
KDA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Looks like the stand will only work if the device is not in a cover. It's interesting, but I prefer the one that I use, which can take any device - in a cover or not - and has adjustable viewing angles.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is not "News". Moved to "General Discussions".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
KDA1

I've found the ease of carrying my Kindle around in its pouch and ring stand quit convenient. Most of the time at home the Kindle just sits on the stand. I sure do like not having to hold the book so much. The ring stand with the Kindle in it is really stable.

Is your case padded? Can the ebook be rotated to view it vertically?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I applaud the example of free market enterprise, but it would be more fun for me to
get my own piece of 4" Sched 40 PVC and make it myself. I might even get a can of
Krylon "Fusion" plastic paint to match my eReader. Or maybe :
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

Perhaps a piece of 6" PVC and make one for my EEE Transformer and make it so that
it could be plugged into the power adapter while on the stand.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-09-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
FYI, my work has blocked that site:
"This Websense category is filtered: Potentially Damaging Content."

Not sure on the reason, but thought I would warn people.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Looks like the stand will only work if the device is not in a cover. It's interesting, but I prefer the one that I use, which can take any device - in a cover or not - and has adjustable viewing angles.
You neglected to provide a name or description that would allow others to
check the device you prefer out.

Luck;
Ken

P.S. A little work with a file and some sandpaper would make it work with any cover
that didn't unbalance everything.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-10-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Clumsy fingers
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
ashtray with bottom missing? hee hee
sowwy
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
I need something that would hold the Kindle in front of my eyes no matter how I turn my head freeing my hands. Something like a collar with an arm or maybe a cap with a binder clip
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
This is very like a rugby ball kicking stand - gridiron too, probably - so as Ken suggests, why not find a piece of gutter and make your own bespoke job.
[Plumber not essential... ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
KDA1

posted in the wrong location.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDA1 View Post
Ken, what do you mean by "name of description"?
I imagine it's a typo for "name OR description".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
KDA1

Ken, what do you mean by "name of description"?

(That carbon fiber stuff is really slick looking.)
Old 03-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You neglected to provide a name of description that would allow others to
check the device you prefer out.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
ya know if they did a little measuring and careful cutting they could probably cut several sets of overlapping slots in the pvc ring. they could be different widths and depths to allow for one set to be kindle in a case, one set ipad, one set kindle not in a case etc. then if you wanted a different angle for kindle not in a case you would use the wider "in case" slot which would allow it to lay back more.

etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
I need something that would hold the Kindle in front of my eyes no matter how I turn my head freeing my hands.
music holder for a marching piccolo player?

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 03-10-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook stand, inexpensive