Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
redraider1972
redraider1972 began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
Get "USB Device not recognized" error on PC

When I connect my color nook to a Windows 7 pc using the B&N supplied micro USB cable, I get: "USB Device not recognized" error on the PC. I.e. ther is no nook device displayed when I click Start / Computer.

Device manage shows an Unknown Device icon for 1 USB device. Tried power cycling the nook ... USB port is ok with other devices. Win7 says I have the latest driver.

anyone seen this?
thanks!
redraider1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider1972 View Post
When I connect my color nook to a Windows 7 pc using the B&N supplied micro USB cable, I get: "USB Device not recognized" error on the PC. I.e. ther is no nook device displayed when I click Start / Computer.

Device manage shows an Unknown Device icon for 1 USB device. Tried power cycling the nook ... USB port is ok with other devices. Win7 says I have the latest driver.

anyone seen this?
thanks!
Did you activate the NC screen(dragging the slider from left to right)? The screen needs to be active for the NC to show up on your PC.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
redraider1972
redraider1972 began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
yes, it was activated. Turns out it works on some USB ports but not others. I.e. worked from a USB hub but not the front panel ... Someone else at work said they'd seen the same problem.
redraider1972 is offline   Reply With Quote