Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
akira28
Nameless Being

A rather partial review of the 700

A rather biased and unfair video review has been posted here. The reviewer seems to put a positive spin on all the Kindle features while downplaying or not even mentioning the features on the 700. Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.marketwatch.com/video/ass...6-622FCC21106F

Last edited by akira28; 04-13-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
ron0909
Enthusiast
ron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with others

Device: K-3 WiFi, Kindle Paperwhite
She makes it very easy to dislike her! Akira, you're so right. Take her with a grain of salt.
What a tool
ron0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I saw this earlier today-and although I do prefer my Sony-but that is an extraordinarily biased review.I couldn't help but laugh as I was watching it-its true,have to take these reviews with a grain of salt. I did have a chance the other day to see another Kindle 2 face to face-ironically,I only really noticed this time-because the Kindle owner was more intrigued by my Sony.I often wonder if I will find him on the train again carrying a Sony Reader one day.And that there's no mention of the PRS505-since Sony is concurrently selling both readers (matter of fact I saw the 505 the other day at Blockbuster-my other half said HEY isn't that my generation of reader-it was up behind the counter at $299-which is not what I paid for any of our 505s.....).
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
as a 700 owner, and i had the K1, everything she said was 100% true.

700 benifets for me
Intergrated light. and form factor.
the Kindle is Superior in every other respect

if the kindle was smaller i would have a kindle. its true. though she didnt do enough research.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
My favorite part is when she tells us we need to hook the sony up to a computer and she shows us the top, with the memory card slots. Can't hook it up there, honey....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 AM   #6
muse
Enthusiast
muse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with others

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
...Intergrated light. and form factor.

the Kindle is Superior in every other respect...
Wow, serious?
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse View Post
Wow, serious?
Reading Formats, about the same, No winner
Ebook Store, Kindle
Formfactor Sony, its smaller, for the same size screen
Light, Sony
Screen, Kindle
battery, Kindle
wireless buying and web browsing, Kindle (sony doesnt have)
Page turning, Same (different ways but no winner, easy on both)
Service and support, Kindle, Amazon is fast, easy, polite. sony is agravating and slow.
Acessories, Kindle
Ease of getting books onto device, Kindle
almost all other factors are about the same on both.

I bought for Size. I LOVED my kindle while i had it, it was just too big, the 700 can fit in my pocket.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote