Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Pacebook Tablet PC--no reasonable offer refused!

OK, it's time for a serious housecleaning. People are always putting up "I want something to read PDF" posts, and yet this excellent option is never explored.

This is a full-blown Windows tablet computer, with a 600 MHz Transmeta Crusoe processor, Running Windows XP, Service Pack 3. It looks like this:

It has a 12" touchscreen display, which works in portrait or landscape mode (no accelerometers, you need to push a button on the bezel to switch display modes). USB 1.1 & Firewire 400. Other specs available here.

It works great as an ebook reader, especially for comics. It's life-size, or even larger! It runs Adobe Reader and ADE. The latest version of K4PC installed, but won't run. If that's important to you, I can try to find and re-install the latest version that works. Calibre, of course, runs fine, if slow.

I do not have any accessories, but USB keyboards and mice work just fine. My AC adapter is actually an IBM-branded unit (so if you're in Europe, it will work with the standard IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad 16 V output plug). Battery will last for at least 90 minutes (now), but this thing is 11 years old and the battery could give out at any time. The vendor still sells replacements.

Make me an offer, any offer. Money, swap, anything. I just hate to see a perfectly good ereader go to waste.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Is it still available? And is there a price range? (Husband wants something bigger to read comics on)
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote