Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #31
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Ah, THERE it is.

Thanks!

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:29 AM   #32
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Just came back home yesterday where my newly arrived DR800SG was waiting for me. Except for the missing stylus silo, and the fact that I have no decent cover (that neopren sleeve has been beaten with the ugly stick --- besides, who wants to take it off every time you use the reader and slip it back on afterwards), I am very happy with it.

Well, when I installed FBReader and tried to open it, I got the error message "FBReader is already open". Copying the separate version of the file "libcurl.so.5" to the /lib directory took care of this problem. So it seems that your installation file still hasn't been fixed? Also, I noticed that no separate directory /other things was created.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #33
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Just came back home yesterday where my newly arrived DR800SG was waiting for me. Except for the missing stylus silo, and the fact that I have no decent cover (that neopren sleeve has been beaten with the ugly stick --- besides, who wants to take it off every time you use the reader and slip it back on afterwards), I am very happy with it.

Well, when I installed FBReader and tried to open it, I got the error message "FBReader is already open". Copying the separate version of the file "libcurl.so.5" to the /lib directory took care of this problem. So it seems that your installation file still hasn't been fixed? Also, I noticed that no separate directory /other things was created.
I observed the "FBReader is already open" message when I tried to open a file twice.
On the other hand, the only file present on the thread works ok, both for DR800S and DR800SG owners here - FBReader-0.10.7-dr800-v2.tar.gz

Quote:
Also, I noticed that no separate directory /other things was created.
Don't understand... there is no need for such "/other" directory.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #34
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
I observed the "FBReader is already open" message when I tried to open a file twice.
On the other hand, the only file present on the thread works ok, both for DR800S and DR800SG owners here - FBReader-0.10.7-dr800-v2.tar.gz

Don't understand... there is no need for such "/other" directory.
Well, I got that error message when I wanted to open FBReader the first time after installation, not when I tried to open a file. Anyway, it works for me now. Thanks again! The "/other" directory was mentioned in your instructions in the first post, so I was just wondering.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #35
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Well, I got that error message when I wanted to open FBReader the first time after installation, not when I tried to open a file. Anyway, it works for me now. Thanks again! The "/other" directory was mentioned in your instructions in the first post, so I was just wondering.
Ah, I see...

with /other_things directory I meant other programs (apart from FBReader) you could have under /Programs folder, not related to this package.
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #36
charlie72
charlie72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2-hanlin v3
No me abre la aplicacion fbreader

Quote:
EDIT 20100313: new package, both DR800S and DR800SG should work now. Same instructions. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

FBReader 0.10.7 for iRex DR800S
Last update: Wed Mar 10 23:37:08 2010

This is a compilation of FBReader e-book reader for iRex DR800
e-readers. There aren't much things changed from the original sources,
a customized toolbar and some new icons.

Random notes:
- This package is based on version 0.10.7
- I've tried 0.12.7 but it was too slow, this version is really fast
- Don't know if it works on DR800SG, but I expect it should do

Steps to install:
1. enable SD card folders browsing (look for the dr.ini file hack
in mobileread forum)
2. connect device to your computer using the USB cable
3. create a folder "/Programs" in SD card root
4. copy the contents of this compressed file there.
You should have something like:
SD card
/Programs
_fbreader (directory)
FBReader.desktop (file)
/other_things

Steps to use:
1. Navigate to SD card -> Select Programs folder -> tap on FBReader icon
2. Click on preferences and change some settings as default configuration
is not suitable for e-readers. F.e. I've changed:
- margins to 10, 10, 0, 4
- font size (in "styles" tab): to 8
- indicator: I like the "old style"
- key bindings. Tip: click on "Action for key" and press the bar to
show available actions
3. Take a look at "_fbreader/share/FBReader/default/toolbar.xml" file
if you want to change the buttons/actions shown in the toolbar

Enjoy,
Iņigo Serna
Hola Iņigo:
Sigo todos los pasos que indicas,pero sigue saliendo el mensage...(The Fbreader application cannot be opened,Possibly the application is already open.close it first and try again.)
No se que puedo estar haciendo mal,me podrias dar algun tipo de ayuda?
Muchas gracias.
charlie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #37
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie72 View Post
Hola Iņigo:
Sigo todos los pasos que indicas,pero sigue saliendo el mensage...(The Fbreader application cannot be opened,Possibly the application is already open.close it first and try again.)
No se que puedo estar haciendo mal,me podrias dar algun tipo de ayuda?
Muchas gracias.
prueba a rebotar el trasto, puede que le hayas dado más de 1 vez al abrirlo y que haya varias instancias en ejecuciķn. La única manera de recuperar el funcionamiento normal es como te decía rebotar el dispositivo.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #38
charlie72

Quote:
prueba a rebotar el trasto, puede que le hayas dado más de 1 vez al abrirlo y que haya varias instancias en ejecuciķn. La única manera de recuperar el funcionamiento normal es como te decía rebotar el dispositivo.
Ya lo he reiniciado varias veces y sigue en las mismas,la prueba la hago en un dr800sg y no se si tendra algo que ver,tengo el hack para habilitar la navegacion por las carpetas en la sd,luego en la sd creo una carpeta "/programs" y luego descomprimo el archivo dr800 que contiene el programa fbreader y que me queda como dices tu en tu explicacion del principio,lo reinicio y cuando vuelvo a apretar en el icono para abrir la aplicacion me vuelve a salir el dicho mensage,ya no se que puede ser,muchas gracias por tu paciencia.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #39
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Ya lo he reiniciado varias veces y sigue en las mismas,la prueba la hago en un dr800sg y no se si tendra algo que ver,tengo el hack para habilitar la navegacion por las carpetas en la sd,luego en la sd creo una carpeta "/programs" y luego descomprimo el archivo dr800 que contiene el programa fbreader y que me queda como dices tu en tu explicacion del principio,lo reinicio y cuando vuelvo a apretar en el icono para abrir la aplicacion me vuelve a salir el dicho mensage,ya no se que puede ser,muchas gracias por tu paciencia.
Lo del hack del SD seguro que no es, porque yo también lo uso.
Prueba las instrucciones del mensaje #13 a ver si se ve algo en el log.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #40
charlie72

Quote:
Lo del hack del SD seguro que no es, porque yo también lo uso.
Prueba las instrucciones del mensaje #13 a ver si se ve algo en el log.
Hola Iņigo
Hago lo del paso 13 y que a los demas les funciona bien,bajo la libreria comprimida que al descomprimirse se queda en libcurl.so.5,luego navego hasta el directorio fbreader que contiene la carpeta lib y ahi demtro meto el archivo libcurl-so-5 y me pide de sobreescribir,le digo que si,borro el caracter # de la segunda linea y reinicio el aparato y despues vuelve a salir el mismo mensage.
Muchas gracias.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #41
charlie72

Quote:
Hola Iņigo
Hago lo del paso 13 y que a los demas les funciona bien,bajo la libreria comprimida que al descomprimirse se queda en libcurl.so.5,luego navego hasta el directorio fbreader que contiene la carpeta lib y ahi demtro meto el archivo libcurl-so-5 y me pide de sobreescribir,le digo que si,borro el caracter # de la segunda linea y reinicio el aparato y despues vuelve a salir el mismo mensage.
Muchas gracias.
el log de fbreader me dice lo siguiente:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/lib
exec /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/bin/FBReader > /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/fbreader-log.txt 2>&1
Old 03-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #42
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
el log de fbreader me dice lo siguiente:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/lib
exec /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/bin/FBReader > /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/fbreader-log.txt 2>&1
Con el paquete nuevo de #1, v2, no hace falta copiar a mano la librería libcurl, pues ya lo incluye.

Lo que mencionas en el mensaje anterior es justo es el script que se encarga de lanzar la aplicaciķn (concretamente SD/Programs/_fbreader/bin/fbreader.sh).
Prueba a borrar el directorio _fbreader y desempaquetarlo de nuevo, acordándote de quitar el caracter # para que muestre los logs.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #43
charlie72

Quote:
Con el paquete nuevo de #1, v2, no hace falta copiar a mano la librería libcurl, pues ya lo incluye.

Lo que mencionas en el mensaje anterior es justo es el script que se encarga de lanzar la aplicaciķn (concretamente SD/Programs/_fbreader/bin/fbreader.sh).
Prueba a borrar el directorio _fbreader y desempaquetarlo de nuevo, acordándote de quitar el caracter # para que muestre los logs.
No hay manera,vuelvo a instalar y borrar # pero me sigue saliendo el mismo mensage.
Gracias
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #44
charlie72

Quote:
No hay manera,vuelvo a instalar y borrar # pero me sigue saliendo el mismo mensage.
Gracias
Hola Iņigo
Solucionado,le quite la barra invertida/ y le puse Programs en vez de programs y quedo asi programs y funciona.
Muchas gracias por tu paciencia.
Saludos.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:49 AM   #45
vakya
Connoisseur
vakya doesn't littervakya doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, IREX DR800, Kindle 3 y Kindle 4 NT
Iņigo, ŋos funciona la barra de navegaciķn de izquierda derecha? a mi solo me funciona dandole al scroll con el lápiz.

Iņigo. Flip bar don't work? I use only scroll bar.
vakya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr800s, fbreader