Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.4.0 and FlightCrew 0.7.2 Released

See the full announcement at here.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
See the full announcement at here.
Looks good!!!!

Went as smooth as fine whiskey.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Thanks for the Linux build; I'll be installing it on all my machines. I also notice that the installer is much smaller than the one for 0.3.4, which is nice.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really have no idea why the Linux installer is so much smaller. I had to change the compression type so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
islandcharlie
islandcharlie began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I downloaded and used Sigil 4 yesterday and today in creating a ToC/NCX file for my book now being published at Lulu. This involved using the Heading selector, which I found very frustrating since it worked on one heading and then not on the next, refused to work on some even after several tries. I solved this by opening the file in version.3.4 which worked consistently. I then reopened version .4.0 to finish the ToC. Something in .4.0 seems to be not working well, so others might take a look. Thanks, the whole effort, even with the work-around, was totally successful.
islandcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandcharlie View Post
I downloaded and used Sigil 4 yesterday and today in creating a ToC/NCX file for my book now being published at Lulu. This involved using the Heading selector, which I found very frustrating since it worked on one heading and then not on the next, refused to work on some even after several tries. I solved this by opening the file in version.3.4 which worked consistently. I then reopened version .4.0 to finish the ToC. Something in .4.0 seems to be not working well, so others might take a look. Thanks, the whole effort, even with the work-around, was totally successful.
I'm not sure what your seeing. You clicked the generate toc button and it ignored some headings in 0.4.0?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool maybe islandcharlie is seeing this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I'm not sure what your seeing. You clicked the generate toc button and it ignored some headings in 0.4.0?
i'll bet he's seeing what i experience on some files. there are several files in the left panel and each of them have a chapter heading at the beginning of the file. these headings are just plain text and the first split will accept my choice from the heading selector, but the second file won't, the third one will, the fourth won't..... anyway i do the ones that will, then save the file and reload it, then do the others. this is my work-a-round.

some time back i started a thread about this and theducks tried to help but i/we never arrived at a solution. i don't remember anyone else responding to that thread.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i'll bet he's seeing what i experience on some files. there are several files in the left panel and each of them have a chapter heading at the beginning of the file. these headings are just plain text and the first split will accept my choice from the heading selector, but the second file won't, the third one will, the fourth won't..... anyway i do the ones that will, then save the file and reload it, then do the others. this is my work-a-round.

some time back i started a thread about this and theducks tried to help but i/we never arrived at a solution. i don't remember anyone else responding to that thread.
Sometime I have to use the Remove formatting menu choice (Ctrl Spacebar) a number of times. (These tend to be complex, nested styling code)
Now, I just usually switch to CV and change the P to H3 and the same at the end. (that has the added benefit of leaving other styles in place
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sometime I have to use the Remove formatting menu choice (Ctrl Spacebar) a number of times. (These tend to be complex, nested styling code)
Now, I just usually switch to CV and change the P to H3 and the same at the end. (that has the added benefit of leaving other styles in place
are you saying that when the text you're trying to set as a let's say an h3 header but won't accept the heading selector button press will do so after you highlight the text and remove the formatting?

as to the changing by hand, in cv mode, the tag from p to h3 i've decided it's easier to skip them and reload the file and continue to use the header selector.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-16-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: fix stuff
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #10
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Ok, reading between the lines, I'm guessing that you're talking about using the drop-down box in Book View for assigning heading styles.

This doesn't work properly because the javascript it uses gets confused by inline tags. It's on the list to fix for the next release, but with this release I was spending the time on more serious bugs. If you want to assign headings reliably, do it in code view for now.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
Ok, reading between the lines, I'm guessing that you're talking about using the drop-down box in Book View for assigning heading styles.

This doesn't work properly because the javascript it uses gets confused by inline tags. It's on the list to fix for the next release, but with this release I was spending the time on more serious bugs. If you want to assign headings reliably, do it in code view for now.
That is what I was trying to say in a round about way .
I resort to CV because all I want to change is the outer-most tag
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
islandcharlie

All I was saying was that in version 4 the setting of headings seemed erratic and yes, some headings were then left out in generating the ToC. When I did this operation in 3.4, it worked fine so I set the headings in 3.4, saved, then opened the book in 4.0 to finish creating the ToC successfully. I see that Charleski understands this is a bug. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Having upgrade to OS X 10.6, I downloaded the version 0.4.0 and so far it's been working great. Thanks.
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
islandcharlie

As a follow-up, I have found that establishing the heading styles in my original Word 2011 (Mac) program, I have full control over the font types and sizes and these carry over into my epub file after saving from Word into .htm and opening that file in Sigil. The only thing Sigil does not do at this point is to recognize the page breaks in Word as chapter breaks. So I then open the Sigil-generated epub in Calibre (which does recognize them) and convert once more. I then have an epub (or mobi) file with appropriate chapter breaks and chapter headings in the font and style I want, as well as a fully functional NCX Toc. This way, I have avoided the erratic "header" behavior I found in Sigil 0.4.0.