Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 05:37 AM   #1
urvesh
Banned
urvesh began at the beginning.

Device: None
Selling digital magazines

Hello everyone,

I want to start selling my digital magazines (in .swf/.epub or .pdf formats) and make it available to iPhone/iPad users. But for now I can't really afford to build an app for that, and I'm already trying to get into existing newsstands, but I just wanted to know if theres any way I can sell the magazines to the people and not an app really.

I am not very much familiar with apple devices so, I'm guessing they could purchase the files and open in their device or something like that, correct me if im wrong.

Please help me out
thanks
urvesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
You can forget about swf.

Epub you can sell through their book store.
You can also just sell the files and the iDevice owner can open it up with their favorite reader.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
urvesh
Banned

Hi!!

THANKS A METRIC TON for your reply. Got that, but any suggestions about how can I sell the files to the iDevice owner? Like maybe I can e-mail them the files once they've paid for it? But that would be kind of a hassle, then how does the iDevice owner receive the files?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Easiest way is to sell through itunes store or amazon or your favorite publisher.
They will take 30% of the sales.

If you want to skip the middleman, you can just let them download it after payment or something. That's something you have to decide yourself.
Personally I think it's easier to just pay the commission. You'll save a bunch on the payment processing, delivering, hosting, etc. AND your book would be searchable through the official channels.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
urvesh
Banned

Sorry to bother you again haha, but to sell through iTunes wouldn't I need an APP for the magazine? iTunes doesn't really sell individual files (.epub) for mags right? Amazon is okay I got that.
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sell it as a book, via the iBookstore.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 AM   #7
urvesh
Banned

Any alternative to that? ^^
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Lots of alternatives. You could sell it in the Kindle Store, Smashwords, or any of the other publishing services that there are out there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
You can use other sites that sell self-published books in PDF. I use iCab to go to sites and buy and load and not use the iBooks store.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote