Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can we please have the full link instead of the tinyurl? Tinyurl can take us anyplace since it hides the real address. I don't and won't click on them as I have no idea where they lead.
Yawn.

Jon... please just go here http://tinyurl.com/preview.php and enable PREVIEW on tinyurl... then you don't have to worry about it any more.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It would be a lot easier to just post full URLs here since they work fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
Terry Watson
Terry Watson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 2
Kindle desktop stand

Here is the full link to the stand:
http://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Deskto...9125376&sr=8-5

Terry
Terry Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #19
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Just saw this new Case Crown cover/case option (which really combines the two ideas) on Amazon. Seems a very nice, inexpensive option (under $20!), they also over a style with an outside pouch for a few dollars more.

Last edited by Octochick; 04-08-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #20
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Watson View Post

Terry
I just bought one, the only one left according to Amazon. I was thinking of making a stand out of old cardboard but this is nicer.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #21
Terry Watson

Kindle desktop stand

"I just bought one, the only one left according to Amazon. I was thinking of making a stand out of old cardboard but this is nicer."

Thank you! I would be very interested to hear how it works for you, and any other comments about what we could do to make the experience better. As for the only one left, there are plenty more but I haven't quite figured out how to make that obvious in Amazon's listing.

Terry
Old 04-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #22
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm most impressed with the shipping! I'm on the East Coast and received the stand today. I really like the design, especially the way the connecting pieces are easily removable so you can store the stand flat. Two thumbs up from a mechanical engineer!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #23
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
I thought posting a link might be pushing it a bit too much, but thanks for asking! Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/cnwzb9

You can also get there by going to the Amazon.com site and entering "Kindle Stand" in the search window for the whole store. The last time I looked, my product was about #5 on the list that came up on that search.
If you don't want to paste a long link in your post, our site has a function similar to Tinyurl. Use this button: It will let you add the link and the text you would like it to display. For example:

Acrylic Desktop Stand
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #24
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I don't have one myself, but I've been eying the Incipio felt sleeve for the K2. It's available from the mfr and from Amazon for $20, though shipping may be cheaper through Amazon.

I'm thinking of getting a skin as well (I'm halfway between wanting a leather book-style cover and going with a sleeve/skin combo) though I haven't found a skin I like much. DecalGirl skins seem to be the best, but the only solid color one they have is black. The skins are $15 from DecalGirl, and you can also get ones from SkinIt for the same price (though the cutout is different) or you can design your own for $20.
I like having the skin covering up all the white but it doesn't feel as good in the hand as the bare plastic. If you enjoy reading outside the case, you might not enjoy it as much with a skin.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #25
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I like having the skin covering up all the white but it doesn't feel as good in the hand as the bare plastic. If you enjoy reading outside the case, you might not enjoy it as much with a skin.
Interesting. I am a little worried about the feel of it, and that got me thinking the other day that what I really want is a paper skin for my Kindle. I was thinking I could just use that PSD from DecalGirl and actually print my own skin on a nice, thick piece of paper (that isn't white, obviously). You could even print letters on the keys so those could be covered as well, and you wouldn't have to have a cutout.

I'm not great with the photoshop, so I haven't tried it yet. Also, I'd have to find a good adhesive that didn't leave a film. I'm sure something like that exists at a crafts store - I've seen spray adhesives there that look like they're made for non-permanent applications.

Anyone with the photoshop skills care to make a blank template out of the decalgirl one, put the letters on it and post it here?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #26
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Thumbs up

Quote:

Terry
I also recently purchased one of these based on the comments here. I have to say that it does the job elegantly. It easily handles the Kindle 2 with the black Amazon cover on with no issues. The angle of presentation, while not adjustable, is pretty much right for my viewing. I have been using the stand exclusively on my dining room table (my third favorite reading location) and it is not sliding around excessively, does not scratch the surface, and looks OK when left untenanted there. I usually move it to the sideboard where it looks fine as a sort of acrylic sculpture, (I'm tempted to try an assortment of different things on, in, or around it).

I had previously been propping the Kindle against a glass chocolates container and that was totally unsatisfactory since I had to move the Kindle in order to get another dark chocolate.

Highly recommended for anyone needing a stand.

Last edited by NormHart; 04-19-2009 at 11:45 AM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #27
Terry Watson

Kindle desktop stand

Norm,

Thanks for the positive comments. As of the moment, my little stand has 100% 5 star ratings on Amazon, but only two people have rated it. The positive ratings really help, so thanks to those who have made them.

I expect to be offering the same stand with frosted instead of clear surfaces soon, and hope to have them shipped by Amazon which will make them available under the free shipping for orders over $25 and save buyrtd the significant (almost $6) current shipping cost.

Terry