Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Reviews

I just noticed that I'd gotten a couple of reviews on Amazon, both from the same reviewer but on my Faces (pencil drawings) and my Marville short story release - first reviews on each. Middling to good reviews but hey, that's fine by me, honest reviews are best for all!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Honestly, from what I have seen, quantity of reviews seems more critical then quality as far as sales goes.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sure that is true. I am just 'excited' to have a completely unsolicited review posted.
Betty posted a nice review on my poetry book, but since I know her/consider her a friend I'm kind of discounting that being a completely independent review.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm sure that is true. I am just 'excited' to have a completely unsolicited review posted.
Betty posted a nice review on my poetry book, but since I know her/consider her a friend I'm kind of discounting that being a completely independent review.
I used to get really excited too.. but then the 1 star reviews came in, and some of them were down right insulting! I have double the number of 5 star to 1 star, so I now have decided all the 1 star reviews are not legit. (they probably are, but I can pretend! )

No, but seriously - all legit reviews are helpful to sales, even the 1 star ones - and some are even helpful to your career.

So congrats again!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard

So I just now got a 5 star review on one of my books. Normally I would see that as a good thing, but the text of the review is

Quote:
This item is what it was represented to be, and I am most appreciative of the fact that I received what I paid for.
Ummm WHAT? It is a FREE EBOOK. So I clicked "see my other reviews" next to his name, and EVERY review he has ever written has that same exact text. Gee I feel so special and appreciated now.

Only problem is it sure looks like a review someone might buy... so hope people do not think I am buy reviews!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
So I just now got a 5 star review on one of my books. Normally I would see that as a good thing, but the text of the review is

Ummm WHAT? It is a FREE EBOOK. So I clicked "see my other reviews" next to his name, and EVERY review he has ever written has that same exact text. Gee I feel so special and appreciated now.

Only problem is it sure looks like a review someone might buy... so hope people do not think I am buy reviews!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
"This item is what it was represented to be, and I am most appreciative of the fact that I received what I paid for."

It sounds like how I was taught to say Grace at the dinner table: For what I am about to receive may the Lord make me truly thankful. Amen.

Kenny, congrats on the independent review! It's got to feel good.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Congrats =) It's a nice feeling when a stranger takes the time to log some feedback in.

I've given away more than 300 copies and wonder how many downloads actually get read. I think about all those hours I spent exploring someone else's world between other endeavors. I can't yet go to a library and look myself up (a milestone I hope reach someday), but when a new review hits I like to imagine who the reviewer is and what else they were up to the day they explored a little chunk of my world.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Awesome! Gotta love when someone takes the time to read your work! And I agree, honest reviews are the best!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
Phuein
i.e. Assaf Koss
Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phuein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ahhhhhhhhh I'm so envious! :+D I wish I would get a nice review for my latest book already. Sometimes, it seems like getting reviewed is impossible.

It does make me feel uncomfortable with not offering so many reviews when others write good stuff. It made me change that habit.
Phuein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
kennyc

I tend to write reviews if I feel strongly about something either good or bad, I don't typically write reviews on things I'd consider 2 or 3 stars...