Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
mshappy89
mshappy89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Metadata

This maybe a really thick question so bare with me!

I have the Kobo touch and I use calibre to add my books etc

I've downloaded the books metadata is there a way to see this on the kobo touch when deciding what book to read. Currently I have to go back on the computer to see what the book is about before deciding to read.
mshappy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
mshappy89

Oh and doesn't it need to be connected to the wifi to view the meta data?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Touch does NOT display the metadata

A few options:
  1. Set up the Calibre Content Server and your router at home so you could access the Calibre data where ever you happen to have WiFi access
  2. There is a Conversion option under Preferences | Conversion | Common Options | Structure Detection to "Insert metadata as page as page at start of book"; you might have to do an ePub -> ePub conversion after gettting the metadate
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
mshappy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The Touch does NOT display the metadata

A few options:
  1. Set up the Calibre Content Server and your router at home so you could access the Calibre data where ever you happen to have WiFi access
  2. There is a Conversion option under Preferences | Conversion | Common Options | Structure Detection to "Insert metadata as page as page at start of book"; you might have to do an ePub -> ePub conversion after gettting the metadate
Thank you very much Peter That has been a great help. I went for the 2nd option. Had to do a factory restore but since my replacement kobo only arrived yesterday that was no problem.

That will improve my reading experience

Thanks again