Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #136
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
For the record, being married is much better than getting married. After the wedding is when the good stuff really starts happening...
So true if I had to do all over again. I would elope. Save the money and had a longer honeymoon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #137
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
So true if I had to do all over again. I would elope. Save the money and had a longer honeymoon.
*** yes!!!

After having to suffer the ordeal of planning my wedding, I am now very firmly against divorce on the principle that if i never get one, I will ever have to plan another wedding! Never. Ever. Again.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #138
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
warm thoughts and congratulations, bookratt - and glad the rain held off
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #139
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
warm thoughts and congratulations, bookratt - and glad the rain held off
Thank you basschick!

Again, thank you everyone for the love!

Packing for our honeymoon trip...heading to Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah...National Parks & Monuments, here we come!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #140
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Hey, I don't know which of you like paranormal reads, since I am relativity new to this thread, but I found an free short for Halloween by Christina Dodd. I love the Wilder bunch!

From Christina Dodd:
Several years ago, when I wrote WILDER FAMILY HALLOWEEN, I loved revisiting the Wilder family and discovering what happened after Darkness Chosen. This year, I updated the story, and posted it on my website for October. I’m also posting it here, in October *only,* as a download for my readers who would like to keep the story as part of their Darkness Chosen collection. So…

Found here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/243772

Last edited by auntykatkat; 10-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #141
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Got it! Thank you. I read alot of Paranormals.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #142
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Got it! Thank you. I read alot of Paranormals.
Your welcome. I decided to re-read the last Wilder book just to get into the paranormal mode. A note though.... don't read while listening to Mannheim Steamroller's Halloween music. Creepy!!!!!

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #143
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Here's another Anne Stuart freebie. Ritual Sins previously published by Oynx 1997.

Last edited by apesmom; 10-15-2012 at 10:55 AM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #144
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle freebie

Darkness Awakened by Stephanie Rowe (self-pubbed title by traditionally published author)

Quote:
The Calydons are a race of ancient immortals cursed with a dark side. Each Calydon is destined to meet his soul mate, to be so drawn to her that he is unable to resist bonding with her through the rituals of his race...

...but their destiny is to destroy each other and all they care about the moment their bond is complete.

Quinn Masters will stop at nothing to rescue his rogue teammate. To save his blood brother and ensure his brand of justice triumphs, Quinn will break every rule of his kind and partner with the sensuous, courageous woman destined to be his ultimate destruction.

Haunted by a brutal past, Illusionist Grace Matthews will risk everything to save her kidnapped sister, including putting her life in the sinfully capable hands of an immortal warrior whose ravaging kisses and intense passion propel her ruthlessly toward a fateful destiny she can't afford to believe in.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #145
apesmom
Wizard

From publisher Medallion Press

Waterfall Glen by Davie Henderson Kindle | Nook

Quote:
When Kate Brodie inherits Waterfall Glen it seems like the start of an exciting new life. Full of romantic notions, she swaps her dull routine in San Francisco for life as a Highland lady. But the stunning beauty of the glen belies a troubled history and uncertain future, and Kate's imposing new home, Greystane House, is full of disturbing revelations about her family's past. Each portrait on the ancient walls tells an un-nerving story, while the empty rooms echo with rumors of a centuries-old curse that takes on new significance when unsettling events threaten the small community whose fate lies in her hands. The only person Kate can turn to is a man haunted by equally troubling events, a man she has every reason not to trust. Only with his help can she find a way to defend old values against the materialism of the modern world. Only together can they lay their ghosts to rest.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #146
apesmom
Wizard

Samhain's freebie for the 2nd half of the menth . . .

The Ghost Extrerminator (Karmic Consultants #2) by Vivi Andrews Kindle | Nook

Quote:
Rebel meets by-the-book businessman. Love doesn't stand a ghost of a chance.

A Karmic Consultants story.

Jo Banks has been seeing ghosts since she was six, so normal was never really an option. Embracing the weird and shunning normalcy makes her the top Ghost Exterminator in her region. Then she meets Wyatt Haines, the uptight, materialistic and irritatingly sexy owner of a successful resort chain.

Wyatt's new Victorian inn is extremely haunted and the Commando Barbie Ghost Exterminator is just the girl for the job. Except Wyatt doesn't believe in ghosts, or Jo, or anything outside the norm. He'll have to start believing fast, though, because Jo's extermination goes awry and accidentally throws two prankster ghosts into Wyatt's body to haunt him.

Every time he falls asleep, the mischievous ghosts take over, turning his perfectly ordered life into chaos. His waking hours are no less chaotic, with his thoughts possessed by Jo's quirky appeal and Playmate physique.

Unfortunately, Jo's ghost-exing mojo is on the fritz just when she needs it the most to unhaunt Wyatt and figure out why his inn is swarming with ghosts. Preferably before his spirit is permanently separated from his mouth-watering body.

And before her heart is permanently attached to the most sexy, frustrating, normal man she's ever met.

Warning: This book contains prankster ghosts, PG bondage, and a not-so-PG trip to the mile-high club.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #147
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Your welcome. I decided to re-read the last Wilder book just to get into the paranormal mode. A note though.... don't read while listening to Mannheim Steamroller's Halloween music. Creepy!!!!!

Auntykatkat
Thanks, I'll remember that. I like Mannheim Steamroller, but I'll be sure to avoid that combo.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #148
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

The Parent Pact US DE by Laurie Kellogg. She's self-published, but others of her books have been recommended to me.

Quote:
Cinderella and Prince Charming never had to consider the welfare of their children

When widower Tyler Fitzpatrick meets Annie Barnes at his daughter’s school, his libido goes tilt. The sexy single mother is everything he and his grieving little girl need. Unfortunately, Annie flatly refuses his dinner invitation. She wants a husband and a father for her son—not just a boyfriend. And the last time she checked, wealthy, summa-cum-laude lawyers didn’t marry high-school-drop-out housekeepers.

Tyler concedes there’s a vast difference between their experiences and lifestyles. Still, he’s inexplicably drawn to the impoverished young woman—even though her little boy reminds Tyler of an underprivileged past he’d rather forget. While becoming better acquainted, he offers Annie a job caring for his daughter and home in Redemption, PA. He also proposes a Parent Pact—an agreement to become role models to each other’s child and to fill one another’s needs as single parents while they continue to search for true love.

Accepting Tyler’s offer would solve a lot of Annie’s problems. However, surrendering to her weak-in-the-knees attraction to the irresistible widower could very well leave her and her son heartbroken. Yet, when circumstances threaten her ability to feed her child, Annie reluctantly agrees to the pact, making it clear she has no desire for Tyler to fill her so-called needs in bed. It’s a bald-faced lie, but she knows the man’s desperation to give his daughter the nurturing she needs will compel him to accept a purely platonic relationship.

Now, Annie’s only problem is resisting the overwhelming temptation to let sin-in-a-tailored-suit Tyler seduce her.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #149
apesmom
Wizard

Diesel's Deal of the Day is Susan Andersen's romantic suspense On Thin Ice for $1.00. It comes with $0.24 in rewards.

Quote:
Blood
At first, the victims seem random, casualties of bad luck or bad judgment. But the body count keeps growing, until there's no denying the trail of death that makes its way from city to city. And always, it leads right to Sasha Miller's door.
Runs
Sasha's ice-skating career was almost destroyed when her partner was jailed on drug charges. Through sheer determination she rebuilt her life, yet lately, she can't shake the feeling she's being watched. Undercover DEA agent Mick Vinicor was convinced Sasha had something to hide. Now he's realizing how much she has to fear. . .
Cold
The nightmare has begun again. But this time, the stakes are much higher. Someone has been waiting to make Sasha pay--someone who'll show her that vengeance is twisted, merciless, and colder than the grave. . .
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #150
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
FREE:

Found Wanting by Joyce Lamb
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Former Publisher: Five Star (2005)
Note: Berkley Sensation Author

MARKED by Elisabeth Naughton
Series: Eternal Guardians #1
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Former Publisher: Dorchester's Love Spell (2010)

Her Minnesota Man by Brenda Coulter
Genre: Inspirational Romance
Note: Loved Inspired Author

Hale's Point by Patricia Ryan
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Former Title: The Return of the Black Sheep
Former Publisher: Harlequin Temptation (1995)

Night of the Storm by Lindsay Townsend
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Former Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton (1996)
Note: Zebra Author

Last edited by Blossom; 10-15-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote