Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
$75 is the most one will get, I inquired yesterday and that is for excellent condition.

I say get while the getting is good. I'm not sure what would happen if they start getting alot of trade-ins, that may affect the growing rate. BUT it will never be more than $75 which goes without saying so if one you are interested in meets your needs, ....
If you did trade one in. How would go about cleaning the back from the oil stains from holding it?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you did trade one in. How would go about cleaning the back from the oil stains from holding it?
If it "looks new" there wouldn't be any oil stains.

I had a few caused by the week of use before getting a case. Wiping it slowly with a microfiber cloth removed them.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Something tells me they aren't going to be REAL picky. If they know you are going to buy something else, I don't think they will squabble over giving you $75 for the trade if it looks pretty good.

And I think $75 is real fair. I don't think I could get that for my original 7" Galaxy Tab which costed more.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Something tells me they aren't going to be REAL picky. If they know you are going to buy something else, I don't think they will squabble over giving you $75 for the trade if it looks pretty good.

And I think $75 is real fair. I don't think I could get that for my original 7" Galaxy Tab which costed more.
Nope, they're not picky at all. I just returned from Best Buy after trading in the original to get a 16GB KFHD.

I like that the micro USB port is on the "side"... gives me hope that there will be a charging/sync doc that will put the device in landscape mode.

edit:
Another like: sideloaded videos are recognized by the "Personal videos" app even though they don't show up in the "Videos" tab.
The typical babystep that I've come to expect from an ecosystem-centric device. (not unique to Amazon)

Last edited by WillysJeepMan; 09-15-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Where is everyone seeing this trade in option? I don't see it on Best Buy's website.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
WillysJeepMan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
Where is everyone seeing this trade in option? I don't see it on Best Buy's website.
BestBuy.com -> Services -> Trade-in Center

Keep in mind that not all devices that are accepted at their online trade-in center are accepted at their brick-n-mortar stores. Check with your local BB to make sure that they accept the device that you want to trade in.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Nope, they're not picky at all. I just returned from Best Buy after trading in the original to get a 16GB KFHD.

I like that the micro USB port is on the "side"... gives me hope that there will be a charging/sync doc that will put the device in landscape mode.

edit:
Another like: sideloaded videos are recognized by the "Personal videos" app even though they don't show up in the "Videos" tab.
The typical babystep that I've come to expect from an ecosystem-centric device. (not unique to Amazon)
I didn't think they would be picky but you had a unit in excellent condition. Mine is very very good if not excellent so I don't see a problem.

I'll probably do it tommorrow. I have a BB RZ coupon and my GF offered me one of hers (I think I could use it as well) so all the better.

Please let me know if you get Flash to work and an alternate launcher as well if both are something you planned on trying for yours. One might need an alternate browser for Flash. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by robertc88; 09-15-2012 at 10:32 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote