Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holtor View Post
Oh yes, and it froze two times, which always seemed to cost quite a bit of energy.
That's natural because booting up consumes lots of CPU power...

Another thing that affects battery life are apps running in background. But there's a handy tool that cleans stuff up when entering standby:

https://market.android.com/details?i...fe.taskmanager

EDIT: a good tool to examine battery drain is BetterBatteryStats:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179809

And guess what? Another battery eater seems to be calender.... it has lots of partial wakelocks on my device - around 2h since last unplugged - that more than the time the screen was on (16min)....

But I have to note that I installed Calender Provider for syncing...

Now, I uninstalled Calender, Sync and Storage via Titanium Backup... let's see if it helps...

Last edited by uboot; 02-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #17
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
I had some force closes of google framework after removing phone.apk, but that stopped so it might just have been a coincidence.

One thing remains though: When I enter the android settings from Zeam Launcher and tap on the "Status" tab the settings force close every time! Not a big problem though.
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #18
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

In the meantime, I re-installed dialer and telephony provider as some apps seem to rely on the ITelephony API...
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #19
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
I can definitely say the battery lasts longer. I haven't charged my T1 since the 7th of February and it is at exactly 70%. This IS a working fix.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #20
rubentje1991
Enthusiast
rubentje1991 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayseidel View Post
I can definitely say the battery lasts longer. I haven't charged my T1 since the 7th of February and it is at exactly 70%. This IS a working fix.
Do you have extra apps installed? They still work correctly?
=> the comment by uboot, is that only for installing new apps / using some specific apps / ....?

Already many thanks for all the useful comments...
rubentje1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
Holtor
Holtor began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
So far I did not have any problems with any app...but then I only use a couple reader apps, a few system maintenance apps and a few Sudoku apps. uboot, can you be more specific about which kind of program caused the trouble?
Holtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #22
uboot
Evangelist

I remember I had some ITelephony API missing warnings in logcat caused by Androidpit App Center which also seemed to freeze sometimes.

But I'm not really convinced anymore that Dialer / Telephony provider are the cause. There seems to be something else going wrong on my device, Network manager just drained my battery over night from 95% to 25% and I cannot enable Wifi without reboot. (Wifi status says "Error")