Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-24-2020, 12:02 PM   #46
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The Note Air is the replacement for the Note 2 - in my opinion.

I imagine that when a major update occurs for the Note Air, that it will not be called a Note 3 or Note 4.
No .
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #47
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Fortunately, the newer models seem to be employing OTG so that one could simply connect a USB drive to the device.
USB-OTG works on Boox devices only with FAT32 Sticks - so completely nonsensical.
Advert
Old 09-24-2020, 04:02 PM   #48
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
It's a good thing it runs Android and you can easily get a driver for other file systems if you really need it.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #49
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Processor is probably the Snapdragon 665. Here's why:
quick charge 3.0 is proprietary by Qualcomm, so snapdragons only.
It supports qc3.0, bluetooth 5.0 (but not 5.1), LPDDXR4.
It's octa-core with 2.0 GHz.

I think it's the only one with those exact properties. Moreover it's a little bit older just like the 625 was, and is widely used in Chinese products.

Other possibilities are (with qc4.0):
670, 675, 710, 712

Last edited by Boreras; 09-24-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:59 PM   #50
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
No .
Interesting, but it looks like the 'Date Available' has come and gone.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2020, 04:21 AM   #51
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreras View Post
Processor is probably the Snapdragon 665.
Look here:
Quote:
Underneath the hood is an Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor with eight custom Kryo 260 cores at up to 1.8 GHz, an Adreno 509 GPU,
Old 09-25-2020, 12:14 PM   #52
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Look here:
Thank you.

There's some inconsistencies in the specs given in different places. When the announcement of an improved processor was made my assumption was the 636.
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:37 PM   #53
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Note 3

The upcoming Onyx Boox Note 3 is going to be their flagship 10.3 inch E-note and ebook reader. It should have Android 10, Google Play, a front-lit display and color temperature system. It will have a faster processor, more RAM and internal storage than the second generation model. Exact specs and release date is unknown, primarily because it has just passed FCC certification.

https://goodereader.com/blog/product/onyx-boox-note-3

Onyx Boox Note Air with Free Case

Available on: 28.10.2020 at 10:24

https://goodereader.com/blog/product/onyx-boox-note-air

The Note Air has 40 votes already, which is odd, as I guess no customers have actually had their hands on one yet.

Last edited by norweger; 09-27-2020 at 04:47 PM.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #54
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I am looking forward to the Nova 3. Hopefully, this time around, it will be a device that works for me. I love the features, but the Nova Pro and Nova 2 always felt a little off, key features not working reliably etc. Maybe this time they have it figured out...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:59 PM   #55
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
Note 3

The upcoming Onyx Boox Note 3 is going to be their flagship 10.3 inch E-note and ebook reader. It should have Android 10, Google Play, a front-lit display and color temperature system. It will have a faster processor, more RAM and internal storage than the second generation model. Exact specs and release date is unknown, primarily because it has just passed FCC certification.

https://goodereader.com/blog/product/onyx-boox-note-3

Onyx Boox Note Air with Free Case

Available on: 28.10.2020 at 10:24

https://goodereader.com/blog/product/onyx-boox-note-air

The Note Air has 40 votes already, which is odd, as I guess no customers have actually had their hands on one yet.
The 'Note 3' is now the renamed Note Air, due sometime next month. This is my opinion. Opinion are quite abundant, as my Drill Sergent was clear in stating over and over and over again.

That 10/28 date is the SECOND batch, I remember reading.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:03 PM   #56
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Quote:
The 'Note 3' is now the renamed Note Air, due sometime next month. This is my opinion. Opinion are quite abundant, as my Drill Sergent was clear in stating over and over and over again.

That 10/28 date is the SECOND batch, I remember reading.
I'd like to think that. I'd like to buy the best Note immediately. But Goodereader is speaking as a vendor here. The Note Air link above, they're taking preorders at $479.99. The Note 3 link, they have set the price tag to $519.99, but it says "out of stock", so they plan to sell it, it seems.

It looks like they get the low-down from Onyx, as they're a reseller.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:59 AM   #57
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^ I would, however, be extremely wary of anything Goodereader has to say.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:32 PM   #58
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
I’m interested in getting a poke or nova. Any idea what sort of delay there is between clearing FCC and actual release? We talking 2 months or 6 months or more?
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:49 PM   #59
norweger
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
I’m interested in getting a poke or nova. Any idea what sort of delay there is between clearing FCC and actual release? We talking 2 months or 6 months or more?
Onyx Boox Poke 3

$189.99
Out of stock
Shipping Price:$19.99

The upcoming Onyx Boox Poke 3 is an entry level e-reader that should be released somewhat soon.
(...)

The Onyx Boox Poke 3 will come out sometime in 2020.

https://goodereader.com/blog/product/onyx-boox-poke-3
Old 09-28-2020, 08:40 PM   #60
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
^ I would, however, be extremely wary of anything Goodereader has to say.
I would be even more wary about purchasing anything from them. They try to make it seem like they are actually shipping the products themselves when, in fact, it seems that they are merely passing customers' information along to the manufacturer and then taking a slice of the pie. I'd rather buy direct from Onyx or their Amazon store.

Goodereader has a very well earned negative reputation. Just look at how they treated many of their backers on their Indiegogo campaign which was unceremoniously shut down by Indiegogoin in response to many complaints.

Check out the comments section from that campaign:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments

And check out the comments section from a Teleread article:

https://teleread.org/2018/04/29/good...g-orders-wait/
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote