Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #136
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
The only offer I've seen for the $50/$60 Sony CC Reader deal said that you had to order the Reader by Sept. 30. If anyone tried ordering earlier but it was out of stock, then I think they'll make good on the offer. But if people are trying to order it now (after Sept. 30), they may not honor the attempt. Unless someone has an offer which allows you to order the Reader at this price after Sept. 30. I've not seen that anywhere.
There was no way to try to order the Reader in the last half of Sept, as it was not listed on the Sony Rewards site.

Most of us that are still waiting, I assume, talked to Sony Rewards customer service before Sept. 30, so they will have a record that we tried to order. According to everyone I've talked to at customer service, Sony is giving anyone that applied for the card by Sept. 30 the opportunity to get the Reader once it's back in stock. I believe other posters have said that they've extended the deadline for redemption to January 1.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #137
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
There was no way to try to order the Reader in the last half of Sept, as it was not listed on the Sony Rewards site.

Most of us that are still waiting, I assume, talked to Sony Rewards customer service before Sept. 30, so they will have a record that we tried to order. According to everyone I've talked to at customer service, Sony is giving anyone that applied for the card by Sept. 30 the opportunity to get the Reader once it's back in stock. I believe other posters have said that they've extended the deadline for redemption to January 1.
That's pretty generous. I wouldn't have been surprised if they upheld the offer for anyone who received and registered their CC on the Rewards site by Sept. 30, because the Reader couldn't be ordered. But if you only need to have applied for the card by Sept. 30, that is lucky. (The original offer said you had to register the card by then, not just apply for it. And it takes generally a couple of weeks to get the card after applying, even with quick approval.)

BTW, they were generous in giving me the $50 Connect credit for registering my Reader. That offer expired August 31 (requiring registration with Connect by then), but they said as long as I showed I ordered the Reader by then (and there were long shipping delays) they'd honor the deal. I guess this is kinda similar.

Now I really wish I had been paying more attention and had my SO sign up for a card!

Last edited by DrMoze; 10-09-2007 at 05:40 PM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #138
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The 500 is no longer available on the Sony Rewards site.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #139
joedreamer
joedreamer began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
hello...this is what i got this morning on my email.. I am shocked...

10/09/2007

Dear xxx:

We regret to inform you that your Sony Rewards Order xxxx for the FRPRS500U has been cancelled because this item is no longer available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I called them and they gave me a ticket number and said that in 48 hours, someone will call me...well...why cant they just give us credit for getting one at a retail store...Borders in Manhattan has them...or why not just send the new model...I gotta say, I only got the card for this....and this has been a long ordeal...I am not sure that I will keep the card or wanna deal with them after this..it shoulda been something painless
joedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #140
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Count me in, I got the email today about my cancelled order

I think as long as we're all complaining to sony about this they'll do *something*, I have to say I would gladly give up the connect credit for a newer 505.
That's what Project Gutenberg is there for anyway!
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2007, 02:20 AM   #141
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedreamer View Post
I called them and they gave me a ticket number and said that in 48 hours, someone will call me...well...why cant they just give us credit for getting one at a retail store...Borders in Manhattan has them...or why not just send the new model...I gotta say, I only got the card for this....and this has been a long ordeal...I am not sure that I will keep the card or wanna deal with them after this..it shoulda been something painless
Because its not that easy for them to just 'credit' you at a Borders. What are they going to do, Paypal you $150? There's no way they can set up some program in 3-4 days that involves actually buying units from a retailer.

Give them time, I think they will work something out for us. I called them the other day and got a 'ticket' too.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:15 AM   #142
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
These offers generally are "while stocks last" or something like that, if you read the small print.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:37 AM   #143
defzeppelin
defzeppelin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Where does it say that?
defzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:50 AM   #144
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't know if it does say that; I'm just saying that offers like this generally do, because the provider normally only has a limited stock of the item available.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:59 AM   #145
defzeppelin

That's true, but I don't think this applies to this offer. If it was determined by how many they had in stock, why would they ever try to restock? Looks like it is determined by the time you requested the Sony Card - when you activated it - and by the time the offer can still be fulfilled, which is by January 1.

Maybe I'm wrong, let's hope not. -_-
Old 10-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #146
richfei
richfei began at the beginning.

Device: 123123
I called Sony rewards this morning and spoke to a very nice lady. She indicated that they will not be getting any more 500s in since they are completely out of stock. They made a mistake in putting this back on their website, and the item is now removed

The good news however is that they will be getting the new 505s in stock in 3-4 weeks time. All individuals who signed up for the card before the end of September, who didn't receive the 500s will be eligible to purchase the 505s at the discounted price i.e $58 and change

You can call and confirm if you like, but they indicated that they would be contacting people as and when the items come back in. She gave assurances that they should have enough of the 505s to satisfy everyone
I'm not sure if we'll still be eligible for the free ebooks, but I'm not really concerned about that

Happy days
richfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #147
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Now a 505 is something I can wait for. As long as I can get a reader ordered before the end of November and receive it before January, I'm all set.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #148
defzeppelin

That's pretty awesome. Thank you Richfei =)
Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #149
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't know if it does say that; I'm just saying that offers like this generally do, because the provider normally only has a limited stock of the item available.
Does anybody still have a copy of the full terms and conditions? There has to be more legalese than just that little was on the main page ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #150
phrodod
Enthusiast
phrodod began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Does anybody still have a copy of the full terms and conditions? There has to be more legalese than just that little was on the main page ....
Actually, I looked pretty closely for any additional legalese, and only found the pop-ups on the various numbers. There was no "While supplies last" type of clause.

I also received the e-mail, and also phoned to Sony Rewards to clarify. The rep there indicated that people who've received the offer need to get a ticket to keep the offer active. They submit the ticket to corporate headquarters, who are supposed to get back to people "within 2 weeks" to let them know what's going on.

I suspect we'll EVENTUALLY see the 505, but who knows? Otherwise, they may try to get all of the Borders/Sony Style/... stores to return the 500s to use for the CC offer, and they really don't want to be stuck with any old ones.

If that's the case, I can understand why they'd wait to put the new one on the rewards site until they're positive all of the old ones have been flushed from the system.

Good luck, all!

Phrodod
phrodod is offline   Reply With Quote