Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #91
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Here's the output:
Code:
~$ calibre -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 119, in __init__                                                                                                                 
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 133, in init_iaction                                                                                                             
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 539, in load_actual_plugin                                                                                            
  File "importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module                                                                                                                        
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module                                                                                                  
  File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: No module named win32com.shell
Does that last line mean it's expecting to run on a Windows box?
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #92
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have updated the zip file in the first post - grab that which should hopefully resolve the issue.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #93
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Dang, you're fast! Better watch out, or you'll raise expectations too fast.

That said, it now works. Thanks very much!
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #94
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
I was thinking of a new plugin, but looking at my used plugins, this one could be the one that does the trick, if another option would be available.

I do a lot of programming. There is no good way of indexing my projects, or my created libraries. Also because they are written in many different languages.

Just today I thought it would be great to just zip all my projects and then add them to calibre. That way I could quickly locate a project, tag it with extra info (and summary) and safe space because of the zipping.

The only thing is, that it would be a lot easier if I had an option to open the project directly.
My idea was to create a plugin that could unzip the project to a specific location and then open it with the right program.

Open with... could assist here.
E.g. If I create a entry for zip-files called: netbeans_second-drive
It visually indicates that it should be opened wit netbeans, and that the project is extracted to my second drive.
Step one can be made by this plugin, I can define a path to extract the files to by a command line option.
But then I need to run a second action, open the unzipped project in Netbeans.

Is this an option that is desired to be implemented? So, run 2 tasks, while task two is executed if task 1 is ready (e.g. unzip/unrar tool is shut down again).

Are there more users that could need a duplicate action, or is it just me (in that case I should use batch scripts).

And of course this is no core function of calibre. But it is an excellent additional function that could be performed without changing calibre.

I should have to manually update the zip if a program like winrar is closed during editing, but the first steps are most important to me.

Just would like to hear your reactions before anyone gives his/her time for adding a function that is only used by one user (and could affect all users (bugs, mem/cpu load, ...)
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #95
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using calibre as a source code repository gets marks for originality but I'm not touching it with a bargepole when it comes to plugin support for it.
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 AM   #96
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Just a query,
I am running calibre portable, and I don't use the default library except for processing
new books when I get them.

If I use the plugin in the default library, and then switch to my other library and use the plugin, the options reset eg. if I didn't have a pdf file in the default library when I go to open a pdf in my library the format is reset to either blank or cover.

Is there any way of making the format stay as it set regardless if that format exsists in the current library.

Cheers, Aleyst
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #97
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
Is it possible to make a tweak in order to concatenate more than one filetype? I have several PDF viewers, each with its own purpose, and strangely there are slight differences between them. But that's not the issue. Say Sumatra PDF has started to add more and more formats to its abilities and they're looking good. But that would make a huge list to have all this on the list. One workaround is to disable the internal viewer (which is slow, yet useful sometimes) and go into edit metadata than double click the file there and let the system handle the call. Or just open the folder and double click the file: all the same.

So can there be a way to give a list of formats that can be handled by a particular viewer and just invoke the viewer?
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #98
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Artha - not easily, no. And it would probably require a fair bit of work to support it, which given I don't have an interest in this feature (which I also see as fairly niche) means it isn't likely anytime soon .
Old 12-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #99
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artha View Post
One workaround is to disable the internal viewer (which is slow, yet useful sometimes)
As a general rule I always disable the internal viewer for PDF. The internal viewer essentially converts any book to be viewed to ePub prior to opening it up in the viewer. Since PDF doesn't usually convert very well to ePub using any external viewer will display the PDF more accurately.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:42 AM   #100
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@dwanthny - thx for spotting that, I somehow skimmed over that sentence in Artha's post. +1 to the always disabling PDF in calibre's viewer. I can't think of even a "sometimes" case.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #101
kintrupf
kintrupf began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro (Boyue T62)
Possible to support environment variables on Windows?

Hi,

I have a curious little problem with the Open With plugin. I share the configuration of my calibre installation via DropBox on two Windows computers which generally works fine so far.

The only problem is that on one computer all applications (like Sigil) are installed in subfolders of "C:\Program Files" while on the other they reside in "C:\Programme".
So each time I adjust the configuration of the Open With Plugin on one computer it wont work on the other and vice versa.

However, thery might be an easy solution. On every Windows installation there is always an environment variable named "programfiles" which points to the correct folder. Would it be possible to launch something like "C:\%programfiles%\Sigil\sigil.exe" from the Plugin? Just before launching the app you would need to replace %programfiles% with the value from the environment variable.
kintrupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #102
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Hi kintrupf, welcome to MobileRead.

The path that you would need to specify would be "%ProgramFiles%\Sigil\Sigil.exe" (i.e. without the C:\ in front of it).

I am not at home to try it myself but my guess is that it still won't work, because in the plugin code my call to subprocess.Popen() does not do anything specifically for environment variable expansion. Perhaps Kovid or chaley may have a suggestion for this - is it safe to use "shell=True" for this purpose or should I do something else...
Old 01-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
shell=True might work, though you would likely run into issues with unicode paths.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #104
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
In the mean time, as an alternative, the user could just create two Sigil entries in the Openwith plugin.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #105
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Really, the proper solution is to use PATH, that's what it is meant for.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, kepubify