Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
emrldsun
emrldsun began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Nook Color/ Calibre help

Okay, so I browsed a bit before creating a new thread, but if I missed the answer in there somewhere, I apologize.

I am having a slight problem. I've got a whole bunch of books that I am using Calibre to convert. When I add them to my Nook, there are books that don't have covers in them. Even after I've gone through and edited the Metadata and used the "Change cover image option" to add the cover. The cover will show up in Calibre, but when I add it to my Nook, it just shows the generic Grey box with the title and the author in it.
I've tried this several different times, turning the nook on and off, creating a new calibre library and starting the whole process over from scratch. It's driving me insane. Any help?!
emrldsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
This is explained in more detail in other threads but basically here's a workaround fix. In Calibre before you add it to your NC but after you have the cover in Calibre as you want it, convert the epub book to mobi, delete the epub, convert the mobi to epub, & use Calibre add the new epub to your NC. This has been the most successful workaround.

Other things that sometimes works are 1) convert epub to epub, or 2) reboot your NC ( it's been said that with this #2 method the covers will sometimes disappear again.) I use the main method above & it has always worked for me.

Note, books on your SD card will not show up on the NC's shelves in any case, either with or without covers. They will show up under "My Files".
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert