Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
TonyR
Connoisseur
TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, Jetbook Lite, iPod Touch
The Other Iron River -- new fantasy short story in Amazon Kindle store

Hi there.

New to the Kindle publishing game, and testing the waters with a short story called "The Other Iron River." It's set in a town that grew with the railroads and declined along with the passenger lines. A couple living there find that there's another Iron River -- the town as it was a century ago -- existing parallel to that of the present one. They can visit it. They can even stay forever if they choose to, if they're certain that walking away from their lives in their own time is really what they want.

I was trying for something of a Jack Finney/Twilight Zone feel and I think I caught a little piece of that. Take a look if you get a chance.

Bests to all,

-- Tony Rabig
The Other Iron River
Old 10-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, TonyR.

You might want to remember that many of our members don't' own Kindles.....if you want a wider audience, you'll need to publish somewhere like Smashwords as well, so that different formats can be accessed.

Check out our writers corner for lots of great advice.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75
Old 10-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
TonyR
Connoisseur
TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, Jetbook Lite, iPod Touch
Desert Grandma,

Thanks for the note -- haven't gotten around to checking into Smashwords or B&N's PubIt yet, but did create the Kindle file from MobiPocket without DRM. If I understood what I was reading correctly, that should allow the user to change the Kindle file's extension to mobi or prc and read it on other devices. (Life being what it is, I was probably mistaken in that interpretation...) All of which I should have mentioned in that first post.

All the best, and thanks again.

--tr
Old 10-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Desert Grandma,

Thanks for the note -- haven't gotten around to checking into Smashwords or B&N's PubIt yet, but did create the Kindle file from MobiPocket without DRM. If I understood what I was reading correctly, that should allow the user to change the Kindle file's extension to mobi or prc and read it on other devices. (Life being what it is, I was probably mistaken in that interpretation...) All of which I should have mentioned in that first post.

All the best, and thanks again.

--tr
Ah........and THERE you got it right! If it doesn't have drm, anyone can use Calibre to change the format to epub or whatever they need....Thank you for that.

(prc. is kindle.....)
Closed Thread