Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #796
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
In the works, almost finished. Expect first results within a week, but since this is a major switch, there'll probably be some glitches at the beginning.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:53 AM   #797
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
In the works, almost finished. Expect first results within a week, but since this is a major switch, there'll probably be some glitches at the beginning.
Great! thanks!
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #798
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Thumbs up Kobo aura hd Behaviour with koreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I have no idea if koreader would work on the new Aura! I'm interested in feedback, however many pieces surely are missing... I don't know how the new regal technology would behave with it.
With my kobo aura hd, seems to be no problem.

I got perfect epub paging and good pdf text reflow.

Sometimes if you play too much with bottom menu, it freezes and restarts the device.

Maybe next version will fit

Will be great if possible to quit back to nickel home without restarting device
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #799
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Smile Installing koreader on aura hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
new kobo aura, FW 2.10, I've got the pbchess launcher 1.2.6 installed and running, the koreader png symbol is showing as well, but I can't get beyond that (having followed Ken's tutorial at post #751 to the letter, several times - with nightly build 2013.03.633 and with the stable build 2013.03). I'm using windows.

I just installed it a few days ago. It is easy if you follow step by step procedure.

Send an email to my address xping@libero.it and I will replay with full detailed step by step procedure I used.
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #800
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
I just installed it a few days ago. It is easy if you follow step by step procedure.

Send an email to my address xping@libero.it and I will replay with full detailed step by step procedure I used.
If you have a better procedure, why not post it here? I, for one, would be interested in any improvements.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #801
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post

Send an email to my address xxxxx@libero.it and I will replay with full detailed step by step procedure I used.
It is up to you, but I would not recommend posting your e-mail address on forums, it makes you a sitting target for spammers.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #802
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Today I got my Kobo Aura and installed koreader:
  1. Step 1a: Copy laucher.png (from pbchess-1.2.6.22_kobo.zip) to koboreader and safely unplug.
  2. Step 1b: Copy koboroot.tgz (from pbchess-1.2.6.22_kobo.zip) to koboreader/.kobo and safely unplug.
  3. Step 2a: Copy koreader.png (from koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-633-g865220a) to koboreader and safely unplug.
  4. Step 2b: Copy koreader directory and koboroot.tgz (fromkoreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-633-g865220a) to koboreader/.kobo and safely unplug.

The result is somewhat an anticlimax. I get the filemanager. I cannot select the menu, a directory or a document by pressing on it.

However, bij random tapping across the screen I did enter a directory and on various occasions the menu appeared.
The tapzone for the menu seems to be on the middle right. The tap location for the first directory seems to be somewhere on the bottom right.

When I opened the frontlight level dialog by chance. The numbers 4,6,8 and 9 on the top of the on screen keyboard responded to taps to the left middle part. 5 seems somewhat more away from the edge. I couldn't find the rest.

Standby is still not working.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-19-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #803
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Markismus;

I assume that only applies to your new Mark 5 "Aura" and not to your Mark 4 "AuraHD".

Check out the recent posts where Hawhill, Sergey and Giorgio have been discussing fixes for this issue that has become a more urgent problem with the new Aura's appearance. The fixes being discussed will likely improve things for all the devices that Koreader currently runs fine on, as well as, eventually the new Aura.

Your succinct installation instructions, are great for many of us who have been closely following the issues involved, and all that someone like the author of the "1 Step Hack" might need, but I felt more than that would be needed to make it so those with little experience could get through the process with few problems.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-19-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #804
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Today I got my Kobo Aura and installed koreader:
  1. Step 1a: Copy laucher.png (from pbchess-1.2.6.22_kobo.zip) to koboreader and safely unplug.
  2. Step 1b: Copy koboroot.tgz (from pbchess-1.2.6.22_kobo.zip) to koboreader/.kobo and safely unplug.
  3. Step 2a: Copy koreader.png (from koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-633-g865220a) to koboreader and safely unplug.
  4. Step 2b: Copy koreader directory and koboroot.tgz (fromkoreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-633-g865220a) to koboreader/.kobo and safely unplug.

The result is somewhat an anticlimax. I get the filemanager. I cannot select the menu, a directory or a document by pressing on it.

However, bij random tapping across the screen I did enter a directory and on various occasions the menu appeared.
The tapzone for the menu seems to be on the middle right. The tap location for the first directory seems to be somewhere on the bottom right.

When I opened the frontlight level dialog by chance. The numbers 4,6,8 and 9 on the top of the on screen keyboard responded to taps to the left middle part. 5 seems somewhat more away from the edge. I couldn't find the rest.

Standby is still not working.
It looks like x and y are swapped. I'll try to get a "fix" in the next nightly build. Of course feedback is welcome
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #805
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Markismus;
I assume that only applies to your new Mark 5 "Aura" and not to your Mark 4 "AuraHD".
My Aura Hd fell and the screen is cracked. No joy. Got the Aura as a replacement, but if it becomes too much of a hassle I'll return it for a AuraHD.

Read the last 5 pages of this thread to get up to speed, but I didn't get from it that Hawhill's effort around the frame buffer had relevance for the touch input.

@giorgio Is there a lua-script I can tweak to see whether it's only an exchange?

On a side note: The font in File Manager is tiny. Could it be that the wrong dpi is set for the Aura? Where could we tune that? Seems to be September all over again!

Found it. Screen.lua was moved from to frontend/ui/device. I changed in screen.lua in function Screen:getDPI() on line 120: return 167 to return 212.
I'll check with a debug command what the respons for self.device:getModel() is and add an elseif.

Found it. Input.lua lines 27 and 28.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-19-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #806
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
My Aura Hd fell and the screen is cracked. No joy. Got the Aura as a replacement, but if it becomes too much of a hassle I'll return it for a AuraHD.

Read the last 5 pages of this thread to get up to speed, but I didn't get from it that Hawhill's effort around the frame buffer had relevance for the touch input.

@giorgio Is there a lua-script I can tweak to see whether it's only an exchange?

On a side note: The font in File Manager is tiny. Could it be that the wrong dpi is set for the Aura? Where could we tune that? Seems to be September all over again!

Found it. Screen.lua was moved from to frontend/ui/device. I changed in screen.lua in function Screen:getDPI() on line 120: return 167 to return 212.
I'll check with a debug command what the respons for self.device:getModel() is and add an elseif.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...882cad5d48c4bf
Old 11-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #807
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Ah, so Aura is phoenix. Yep, works like a charm.

I changed lines 27 and 28 in input.lua to:
-- For single-touch events (ABS.code).
local ABS_X = 01
local ABS_Y = 00

But there is no change in tapping response. Is there another way to sway x- and y-coordinates? Or does this mean something else is wrong?

Last edited by Markismus; 11-19-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #808
Markismus
Guru

Looking at the crash.log (see added file) I see a lot of swipes, while I was only tapping the screen in the hope to find the pattern.

I was able to open the menu and exit koreader by exchanging the horizontal for the vertical position. So that could be part of the problem.

The added file is generated with reader.lua -d 1>>crash.log 2>&1.
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (27.7 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by Markismus; 11-19-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #809
Markismus
Guru

@giorgio I just found your tentative fix. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #810
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
On my Aura after doing the suggested change to screen.lua I now get a larger font as the screen resolution is now correct, making progress.

Unfortunately the the way the touch gestures work it is as if koreader thinks the device is in landscape orientation rather than portrait. I managed to get a book open by pretending the files were listed right to left rather than top to bottom but very difficult to select the right folder and book this way. And going to the next page is a swipe up on the screen and to go back is a swipe down so I can get a book open now and read and even managed to change the font. but really need to figure out now which other .lua file needs to be updated to get the orientation set so the gestures work right and you can click on the menu items and not on the part of the screen koreader things the menu items are located at. input.lua or would it be in geometry.lua that needs to be changed? I have no idea what needs to be changed.

Good to see that some progress is being made though, thank you all for your efforts to get this working on the Aura.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote