Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #121
chattylibrarian
chattylibrarian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
More font & formatting choices in Kobo App

This may sound like a silly request, but I'd like more font and formatting options for reading in the Kobo app. I downloaded a preview of a book using the Kindle app on my Arc, but purchased the book via Kobo. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the formatting and font choices available in the Kindle app were much better than what's available in the Kobo app. It would be great if we were able to change margins, and to use fonts other than Droid Serif/Droid Sans Serif in the Kobo app.
chattylibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #122
chattylibrarian
chattylibrarian began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Fortunately, you can install real reading programs.
I'm really hoping that Readmill will be ported to Android one day. Can you recommend other reading apps you prefer?
chattylibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #123
gchaowu
gchaowu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc, iPad, iPod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
The browser is the stock android browser so Kobo can't do anything about it unfortunately. Have you tried another browser? I use chrome instead personally. I don't know if it has the function you're looking for but might be worth a look.
I thought the "Browser" that come with Kobo Arc is a modified version with the special feature to save the entire page for offline viewing?! Perhaps it is possible to find the saved page (image) somewhere using some tools?

I tried Pocket, Readability, and many others but they don't work with pages requiring authentication, as "Share" seem to only save the text or URL, not entire page as it is shown on the web browser.

I'm using Chrome as my main browser but have no luck. Also tried Opera and it's able to save pages (as HTML, not just screenshot), but same problem with sharing. Firefox can save as PDF but content on the right seems to be cropped most of time. There is a screenshot add-on for Firefox, but the saved page has limited resolution (no good for OCR).

I'll continue to try Dolphin and other browsers...
gchaowu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #124
luxaeternam
busy bee
luxaeternam began at the beginning.

Device: iPad / Sony PRS1 / Kobo Arc
I love the ability to share quotes on Facebook, for some reason the Arc adds the quote to the bottom (link) section of a post, and not the text part as in iBooks. This means that the quote isn't immediately viewable in a Facebook news feed.

Any chance of swapping things round so that the Arc sharing feature behaves like iBooks?
luxaeternam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #125
Skynet_Italy
Skynet_Italy began at the beginning.

Question Kobo Arc (WiFi)

During some tests with the configuration of wifi i found some of the limitations in Kobo Arc.

The Kobo Arc ( my) has a connection stable with the router only on channel 1.
The connection on channels 2 and 3 is unstable while on all the other is impossible.
This might be the reason here some unable to have a good wifi.
As proof you should set the ruter on channel 1 and not automatic.

For developers .
The Kobo receives the signal on all channels but probably only transmits on channel 1 or channel 2.
I can manually set the transmission channel or there is a hardware limitation https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smilies/confused.gif

Last edited by Skynet_Italy; 01-06-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Skynet_Italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #126
horatio5000
horatio5000 began at the beginning.

Does anyone else have problems transferring over files to their Arc? I HATE not having USB Host!! Here's my problem for earlier in the thread.
Quote:
I'm having trouble connecting my Kobo Arc to my PC. It shows up in My Computer, but there is usually no drive structure. Once or twice, after fiddling with disconnecting it and switching between MTP & PTP, have I been able to see a drive structure. When I tried to transfer over an mp3, I received a warning 'Cannot copy item Device disconnected or not responding, etc.'

It's funny though, I have been able to use Airdroid to see my device's drive structure and transfer files. Is this a driver issue? Has anyone else been experiencing this??
Please help.
horatio5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #127
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Strange. From the out-of-box default, my Arc connected as a Portable Media Player (MTP in the Arc's USB settings), according to Windows. Clicked on it, clicked on Internal Storage, got a normal file structure. No problem adding files or anything (in fact, just added a couple of movies a moment ago).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #128
Skynet_Italy
Skynet_Italy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet_Italy View Post
During some tests with the configuration of wifi i found some of the limitations in Kobo Arc.

The Kobo Arc ( my) has a connection stable with the router only on channel 1.
The connection on channels 2 and 3 is unstable while on all the other is impossible.
This might be the reason here some unable to have a good wifi.
As proof you should set the ruter on channel 1 and not automatic.

For developers .
The Kobo receives the signal on all channels but probably only transmits on channel 1 or channel 2.
I can manually set the transmission channel or there is a hardware limitation https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smilies/confused.gif
Sorry for the problem and result depend on the router.

Set with a band at 270mb ( is non-standard 802.11n ) transmission on channel higher than 2-3
the transmission is unstable

NetGear DGN2000.

to have greater stability and use all the channels i have to use 150Mb or the standar b and g

i hope that my error can help some.

If you set the router at a speed greater than 150Mb happens the stability, especially if you have the 802.11n standard
Skynet_Italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #129
Divot
Divot began at the beginning.

Content Transfer

I have books on my PC hard drive backed up from a Kobo Touch and would like to transfer them onto my new Kobo Arc. How can I do this? I connect my Arc to my PC but oddly enough the Books folder does not appear in the file tree. Any help would be appreciated.
Divot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #130
mariegagne
mariegagne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
I have a new Kobo Arc. It is locked and I am not able to unlock it. It ask for my google mail account and my password. I typed them again and again. Reset the password on my computer, tried again. It doesn't work. My Kobo is like frozen locked. What can I do?
mariegagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #131
isayo74
isayo74 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo and Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariegagne View Post
I have a new Kobo Arc. It is locked and I am not able to unlock it. It ask for my google mail account and my password. I typed them again and again. Reset the password on my computer, tried again. It doesn't work. My Kobo is like frozen locked. What can I do?

To perform a factory reset, follow these instructions : (same as a Kobo Vox)
Warning: A factory reset will delete all data from your KOBO ARC !

Before you start: Ensure that your Kobo Arc has at least a 10% charge. If the charge appears low, connect your Kobo Arc to the Kobo-supplied charger and charge it for 30 minutes.

Turn off your Kobo Arc by holding the power button (on the top of your Kobo Arc) for 10 seconds.
Press and hold the volume up button (labeled with a + sign) on the side of your Kobo Arc. Do not let go.
While holding the volume up button, press and release the power button on your Kobo Arc.
Continue holding the volume up button until you see the menu on your Kobo Arc screen.
Release the volume up button. Follow the instructions on the Screen...
isayo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #132
Brisen
Brisen began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch, arc, mini
I like that on the Arc, I can add non-kobo books to my kobo library. Is there any chance of that happening with kobo desktop? Is there an obvious reason why not that I'm missing?
Brisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #133
dioioib
Enthusiast
dioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Arc, Kobo Touch N905B
Can we root the Kobo Arc?
dioioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #134
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
If we can, no one's bothered to publicize it yet. (wish the techies'd hurry up - really feel unsafe not being able to edit the /etc/hosts file).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #135
andreib
andreib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc, Kobo Touch
Feature to lock the tapestries

Hi,

Maybe this is not something very common, but I would really appreciate a feature to lock the configuration of the tapestries (create/delete/rename of tapestry, reposition/delete of pinned items) and allow only pinning new content.

My Arc is being used by several persons, younger and older, and at the end of the day I find new tapestries added or merged by mistake, items moved arround, etc.

Or maybe this will be solved by getting multiple user accounts support with a Jelly Bean integration
andreib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc