Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #76
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^You were bored? That was quality entertainment. Nadal was lucky to escape without losing a couple of sets let alone the match. Tough to watch the guy melt down at the end, but I can empathize having played a lot of tennis as a kid.

Dang first round on the third day stuff. I'm already looking forward to some second round matchups, but there's still some stuff from the first round too:

Interesting matches today:
V. Williams versus S. Lisicki (22)
Isner (28) versus Baghdatis

And some interesting stuff for tomorrow:
Ferrer (5) versus Blake
Ljubicic versus Nalbandian
Tomic versus Cilic (this might be tiebreakers all the way)
Okay, the match wasn't boring per se. Nadal's opponent, whose name I've suddenly forgotten, just really irked me, as he had a million chances to win that match and didn't take a one of them.
I can't get into Nadal's matches. I have no idea why..I just never got caught up in him nor his accomplishments, which I recognize are many. He is a great player, I'm just not interested.

Quote:
Easy win for Murray.

I'm saddened that Venus dropped out due to illness.
She's out!?! I just got home so I haven't had a chance to catch up with the day's matches. Did she even get on the court, or did she call a press conference? How is she ill, is it the virus, still?

I think Lisiki would have been a very difficult match up for Venus in any case.

Very glad to hear that Andy has won!! I should have the match recorded and can weather the Murray coaster , if there was one, with ease.

I'm curious to see how the Americans have done. I believe Roddick plays tonight.

Thank you for the updates!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #77
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Out before hitting the court (or at least not playing a game).

I wasn't a fan of Nadal for a while, but his ability to hang around is really starting to get to me. Golubev just had some mental issues. The fact he was playing against one of the guys that is going to force you to win every point did not help him much. He went out and attacked him and a lot of it was just the odds catching up to him. Trying to hit winners every shot and there's going to be some ups and downs.

A serious wow at Betteneau annihilating Almagro (2, 4, and 3).

Yep, Roddick and Sharapova for the night matches. Mens first again. That seems strange to me for some reason.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #78
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Golubev! That's his name. He plays like he should be in the top 20 at least, but he's had like the worst record ever, this year. He can't seem to close anything out. You're right, it is definitely a mental thing. I bet a sport's psychologist would do wonders!!

I was able to stay up for Serena's match after all, so I may be able to stay up for Roddicks.

Serena, despite her "easy" win, looked very nervous out there, and wasn't all that "excited" after the match, either. The crowd greeted her warmly, but I wonder if she's getting negative feedback elsewhere? The media, of course, will not let the '09 disaster go, and they keep throwing it in her face. She apparently rolled her eyes a few times in her pre-match interview and got even more flack for that.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #79
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some stories today:
Federer into 3rd round.
Go Juan Carlos! Juan Carlos Ferrero defeats Gael Monfils (7) in 5 sets and two tiebreakers
Tsonga (11) with an easy win over Bubka.
Sadly, Stepanek out with injury against Juan Monaco.
Cilic (27) looks scary.
Nice to see Tommy Haas into the 3rd round again.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #80
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Sharapova is one point from being out in the third round. Triple match point and she's serving. Ouch. I smell a double fault.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #81
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Murray (4) going to a tiebreak in the first set against Robin Haase.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #82
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Some stories today:
Federer into 3rd round.
Go Juan Carlos! Juan Carlos Ferrero defeats Gael Monfils (7) in 5 sets and two tiebreakers
Tsonga (11) with an easy win over Bubka.
Sadly, Stepanek out with injury against Juan Monaco.
Cilic (27) looks scary.
Nice to see Tommy Haas into the 3rd round again.
Murray is out!?!

Edit: OH!!! I just checked for scores - I got Haas and Haase (who is currently up a set & a break) confused! You scared me half to death!
I hope Murray can turn this match around!

Last edited by Nyssa; 09-02-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #83
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

It's not looking good for Murray (4) right now. down two sets on serve in the third.

Pospisil and Lopez (25) in a third set tie break at a set a piece.
Wawrinka (14) and Young in a fifth set tie break.

Some interesting stuff today.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #84
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Young throws down a 7-1 fifth set tie break to take out Wawrinka (14)!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #85
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
It's not looking good for Murray (4) right now. down two sets on serve in the third.
*cries*

Quote:
Young throws down a 7-1 fifth set tie break to take out Wawrinka (14)!
Wow! Good job, Donald! We (as in American tennis fans) have been expecting good things from him for a while now..I hope this means they're about to happen.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #86
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Murray (4) is now up a break in the third.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #87
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Murray (4) up a break in the fourth set.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #88
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Murray (4) is now up a break in the third.
Quote:
Murray (4) up a break in the fourth set.
Woot!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #89
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Murray (4) up a break in the fifth.

Murray seems to be back to his old form of sleeping through the first hour of the match.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #90
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Lopez (25) and Pospisil in a fifth set tiebreak.