Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
How do I get the books onto an SD card?

I'm really tired of having to re-download books that I've already finished on my kobo every time I want to put a new book on it from the desktop app. I figure if I put them on an SD card (which I've never used before) I can then keep the books I have on the kobo without having to re-download again, and again. I just need some clarification on how to get the books onto my computer, then onto the SD card please. Correct me if I'm wrong:

I go onto the kobo website, log into my account and select the book I want and click "Dowload Epub". When I open it in ADE it is then saved in a folder on my computer automatically.

Can I then drag and drop it onto the SD card from that folder?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
As long as you have authorized your Kobo with your ADE account, just drag and drop your books onto either the SD card or the Kobo. I hardly ever use the Kobo Desktop App, because I just don't understand why it does all that downloading and updating and stuff.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Yes you may drag and drop onto your card or Kobo folder or can use Calibre to send right to Kobo. I like to widen my margin in page layout of Calibre.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
As long as you have authorized your Kobo with your ADE account, just drag and drop your books onto either the SD card or the Kobo. I hardly ever use the Kobo Desktop App, because I just don't understand why it does all that downloading and updating and stuff.
Thank you so much for your help!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote