Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Remix by Lexi Revellian

A writer I met a few years ago over at YouWriteOn.com has just published her latest work over at Smashwords yesterday. She was kind enough to send me an earlier "working" file about a week ago and right now I'm about halfway through the book. It is an excellent read with some terrific characters and at this point I have no idea where she's taking me on this journey, so I'm grabbing my nook and reading as often as I can. This in spite of the fact that this early file ended up putting question marks where there should be quotes. So I think we can call it a pageturner. And I just checked a sample off of Smashwords, the quotes problem is no longer an issue, the text looks really clean.

Here is the summary:

Caz Tallis is living her dream, restoring rocking horses in her London workshop. A chance encounter with the shabby but charismatic Joe and his dog (called Dog) leads her into investigating a missing rock star and a murder that happened three years ago. Which, as her best friend James points out, is rather like poking a furnace with a short stick…

Check it out.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/20429

Best,
Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote