Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #16
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I reported my inability to upgrade from 5.0.4 to 5.1.0 to Kindle Support. They walked me through the upgrade a couple of times with no success. Then they sent me a new one.
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright2 View Post
I reported my inability to upgrade from 5.0.4 to 5.1.0 to Kindle Support. They walked me through the upgrade a couple of times with no success. Then they sent me a new one.
If you still have it, you can do the upgrade as shown in the links above, but I would keep it unregistered now that it has been replaced. Unless your call to amazon support was escalated to its senior support staff (you would have noticed), the techs you talked to are very limited in their knowledge and experience. It is easier (and less costly) for amazon to replace your kindle than to spend too much time supporting it when the repair procedure may require extra technical ability from the end user.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-23-2012 at 09:25 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Uhhh, yeah. No. Getting the new one involved an exchange. They sent the new one along with a return label for the old one.

The initial tech who walked me thru the official upgrade process twice announced that he was escalating the problem and they would get back to me. When they did, it was to say they were replacing it.
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #19
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright2 View Post
Uhhh, yeah. No. Getting the new one involved an exchange. They sent the new one along with a return label for the old one.

The initial tech who walked me thru the official upgrade process twice announced that he was escalating the problem and they would get back to me. When they did, it was to say they were replacing it.
Some people here have reported that amazon did not request that they return their kindle when a replacement was sent to them. Perhaps they were in a location where return shipping expenses would be too high.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #20
davidampuero
davidampuero began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
k4 frozen

im new in this jailbreaking world and yerterday y try to put the custum screen saver in my k4, i dont know for sure what i did wrong but now my kindle its FROZEN in the main screen that says:

tequila - system diags
s) device settings
o) operator test suite
r) run in test

etc.

the problem is i cant use de arrows to go down or up in the menu o enter with the middle buttom.

so please i really need help, havent here about no one with this trouble.
davidampuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #21
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidampuero View Post
im new in this jailbreaking world and yerterday y try to put the custum screen saver in my k4, i dont know for sure what i did wrong but now my kindle its FROZEN in the main screen that says:

tequila - system diags
s) device settings
o) operator test suite
r) run in test

etc.

the problem is i cant use de arrows to go down or up in the menu o enter with the middle buttom.

so please i really need help, havent here about no one with this trouble.
Wrong thread. Please post your request here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929

Thanks.

Try using MfgTool (in the "select boot" thread) to boot to main. Tell us (in the debricking thread) what results you get when you try that.