Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
knitterlauri
knitterlauri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Simplest Way to Create a Kindle Book from Scratch?

I would like to create my own book for my Kindle 3. I downloaded ecub (for my mac) but it wants to import files from html and turn them into an epub. (Which I would then convert to mobi using Calibre.)

Is there a simpler way?

I want to create a book of meditation exercises for myself. I want to have each page (on the kindle) dedicated to an individual exercise, so I can have the page open and do the exercise, then page forward for the next exercise, etc. I think it would be easier if I used a program which showed me on the software page exactly what it would look like on the kindle page-- does this exist for mac?

If not, is there a way to do this with, say, Mac Pages or Google Docs?

Thank you in advance for any helpful answers you can give.
knitterlauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Create using Sigil, one file/chapter per exercise, and then convert to Mobipocket using calibre. A page break will be inserted between each chapter in Sigil, so on conversion you should have a Mobipocket/Kindle ebook with each exercise on a separate page.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
knitterlauri
knitterlauri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you very much. I have created the book and am formatting it to mobi (with Calibre) right now, then I'll send it to my kindle. Again - thank you very much. :-)
knitterlauri is offline   Reply With Quote