Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 03:26 AM   #46
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
if you are having trouble getting your nook, have you tried this service??
https://www.usunlocked.com/
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 AM   #47
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Lucky you... my status still says, "Not Yet Shipped", even though the expected shipping date is still claiming June 23, i.e. yesterday.

Can you tell me what your expected shipping date was when you ordered? Was it also June 23?
I ordered on June 22, expected shipment date was June 23 and shipment confirmation was sent by B&N on June 24.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 04:12 AM   #48
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Thanks, netseeker. My dates are basically the same as yours (bought on 22nd, shipping date 23rd). Since I'm in a later time zone than you, I'll wait a few hours and hope I get the confirmation later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
if you are having trouble getting your nook, have you tried this service??
https://www.usunlocked.com/
I know freight forwarding is an option, but I'm currently holding out hope that B&N come through with my order. If that doesn't happen, I'll explore other options.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #49
Silentsafari
Silentsafari began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by x200 View Post
I successfully ordered Nook wifi yesterday to Finland using finnish address and credit card. Delivery cost was 12.90$ and now order status says it's shipped.
I ordered Nook (wifi) too here in Finland (Helsinki). I take "International Priority Airmail" and it cost $15.95. Shipped on June 23.

I made my first order 21.6 but there was some problem pay with Visa Electron, I pay it successfully (22.6) via Paypal.
Silentsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:36 AM   #50
werdnawee
werdnawee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
my status still says, "Not Yet Shipped", even though the expected shipping date is still claiming June 23, i.e. yesterday.
Mine says EXACTLY the same thing.
werdnawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 AM   #51
werdnawee
werdnawee began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
"Your order has been shipped"

One hour ago i got a shipment confirmation email! Seems as if they would really ship the two ordered Nook Wifi to me - to Germany.
Congrats.....hope you get it soon (which means we will all get ours )
werdnawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #52
Mistar39
Mistar39 began at the beginning.

Device: No Int Nook:( Hello Kindle2
Quote:
Lucky you... my status still says, "Not Yet Shipped", even though the expected shipping date is still claiming June 23, i.e. yesterday.

Can you tell me what your expected shipping date was when you ordered? Was it also June 23?
Well, I´m on the same boat. I placed my order on June 21, and they allowed me to select Spain. I recieved a confirmation email claiming the shipping date of June 23, and it is june 24 and i haven´t recieved further notification of the shipping.

Who Knows, Did they run out of Nook Wifis?? Are they evaluating what to do with those overseas who succesfully place the order??

Come on, Just put the Nook on a box, write my address and put some stamps on it

Bye
Mistar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #53
HelliH
Connoisseur
HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook/PB 360/PB IQ
New Mail: Delayed!

This moment I got the following message:
Subject: Your Order XXXX Has Been Delayed
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 05:44:29 -0400
Dear XXXX,
America has fallen in love with NOOK.

Demand has exceeded all expectations, and unfortunately, we're unable to ship your NOOK in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We expect to ship your order by 07-23-2010. Once your NOOK arrives, you'll discover a whole new way to enjoy books - everywhere and anywhere.

Please know, you will not be charged for your order until it leaves our warehouse.
However, if you would like to cancel this portion of your order, you may do so online at: http://www.bn.com/orderstatus.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

-- Barnes & Noble

Delayed for 1 month (!!!), but not cancelled - to Germany!

Last edited by HelliH; 06-24-2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Privacy
HelliH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:59 AM   #54
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
I ordered on June 22, expected shipment date was June 23 and shipment confirmation was sent by B&N on June 24.
Lucky you!

Just now, I too got the delivery delayed message - saying delivery is postponed by one month. Though still lucky they did not cancel!
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:42 AM   #55
Mistar39

I´ve got too the delayed message, i can´t wait one month though . I wanted the device before august for my hollydays.

Better luck next time, i´ll get a Kindle instead.

Bye
Old 06-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #56
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelliH View Post
Dear XXXX,
America has fallen in love with NOOK.

Demand has exceeded all expectations, and unfortunately, we're unable to ship your NOOK in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We expect to ship your order by 07-23-2010. Once your NOOK arrives, you'll discover a whole new way to enjoy books - everywhere and anywhere.

Please know, you will not be charged for your order until it leaves our warehouse.
However, if you would like to cancel this portion of your order, you may do so online at: http://www.bn.com/orderstatus.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

-- Barnes & Noble
I got the exact same message for both my nook as well as the cover.

Frankly, I'm not buying the delay. You'll notice that even now B&N is not accepting international orders (at least from my part of the world). I think this is just a tactic on their part to buy some time while they consider what to do about all of us who managed to somehow place an order. They know if they instantly cancel it, they're likely to get bad press when word gets out, so they're gonna string us along for a month before finally admitting they won't ship it.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #57
Mistar39

Quote:
I got the exact same message for both my nook as well as the cover.

Frankly, I'm not buying the delay. You'll notice that even now B&N is not accepting international orders (at least from my part of the world). I think this is just a tactic on their part to buy some time while they consider what to do about all of us who managed to somehow place an order. They know if they instantly cancel it, they're likely to get bad press when word gets out, so they're gonna string us along for a month before finally admitting they won't ship it.
As i told before, i´ve got the same message. I do think as well that they don´t know what to do with us.

I canceled my order, and to my surprise, I´ve got a reply saying that i can´t cancel my order beacause it´s been shiped or in the process of doing so. WTF if it´s been delayed 1 month

I send them an email for further clarification.

Bye
Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #58
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I read this thread and then placed an order for a Nook Wifi. It's shipping today.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #59
lorddon
lorddon began at the beginning.

I'm in the US and I placed an order the morning the Wifi's went on sale and I got the delayed message, so it's not solely an international thing. I'm just going to cancel and get the 3G for $50 more.
lorddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #60
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
For an EReader at this price, surely demand must be more than what B&N expected. As we see here, B&N respected many international customers order and delivered - atleast they are not making this as excuse for cancelling international orders.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote