Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #61
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branko Collin
On to another topic; I too have witnessed that whenever you discuss the availability of illegal copies of a specific work, folks will come to your forum and ask you for that work, regardless of what you said before.

Why is that? I find it very hard to believe that so many people are that stupid. Could it be that for every person who doesn't read the thread, a thousand have read what went on before and concluded on the basis of that that they would not post? That would signify a tremendous amount of interest in ebooks, or at least in ebook versions of Harry Potter.
Very well observed. I've received a couple of private message from newly registered members asking me for a copy of the illegal e-book. My explanation is that a lot of people stumble over this thread through Google and don't even bother to read the first post.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #62
SLY
SLY began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola
hey i'm new as you may have noticed but can you guys tell how to download pirated text like for example a Harry potter and the order of the pheonix book for free.
Advert
Old 04-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #63
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi Sly. We are glad to have you joining us here at MobileRead and hope you enjoy our site and the forums.

However, as stated many times, we do NOT condone nor encourage pirating content. We realize that new visitors don't always read this whole thread, so they don't know our position firmly against promoting pirated materials on this site. But please understand that even if someone tries to post that kind of info, it's something that will be censored every time.

On the other hand, we do have discussions that include topics about pirating or DRM (digital rights management) because it is an important and interesting subject, and you may find some interesting discussions here!

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #64
SLY
SLY began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola
sorry, my mistake.
it won't happen again
Old 07-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #65
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Looks like this record got broken... Harry Potter 7 got pirated even prior its official release.
Advert
Old 07-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #66
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow View Post
Looks like this record got broken... Harry Potter 7 got pirated even prior its official release.
The pirates have promised to release the next one before it is even written!

Nothing will stop them! ARR, Matey!!

Old 07-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #67
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
There seems to be floating around some converted SonyReader version ...

Last edited by joblack; 07-20-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:55 AM   #68
Arek_W
Connoisseur
Arek_W began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, ASUS N636
yep, the book is there:
news from major torrent site I will not name, quote:
actually there IS a bootleg going around, i got myself a copy. some guy got the book and took photos of EVERY page.
Its barely read-able...but if you must know what happens its legit.
Shows all proofs its legit.: unquote

Just checked it & ppl who downloaded confirm its the real thing.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:03 AM   #69
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
Sorry, but all you looser's need to get jobs. Most of you reading this are 30+ and living in your parent's attics. I don't even know if kids read this series...

Arby's is hiring, maybe one day you'll all make manager.

As for Rowlings and e-books, who cares.... This book is $15.00 at Walmart. but the freaking book and get over yourselves, or get a job at walmart so you can afford the book. Later.

Guess I have my example of how someone got banned! haha, serves the kid right (I know an adult would have had better tact and not posted something that would obviously get them banned).

Actually quite a few examples here! Thank Google for the traffic, lol.

Last edited by Azayzel; 07-21-2007 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:46 AM   #70
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arek_W View Post
yep, the book is there:
news from major torrent site I will not name, quote:
actually there IS a bootleg going around, i got myself a copy. some guy got the book and took photos of EVERY page.
Its barely read-able...but if you must know what happens its legit.
Shows all proofs its legit.: unquote

Just checked it & ppl who downloaded confirm its the real thing.
No there is also a pdf, rtf and special formatted sony html version ...
Old 07-21-2007, 06:06 AM   #71
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This must be the first time an e-book makes it to the Pirate Bay Top 100.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #72
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Hurray for ebooks! Perhaps this will be looked at as one of the first times ebooks really made the news and got taken seriously. What a bizarre outcome for a book that was never intended by author and/or publisher to be available in ebook format... it's a funny world we live in, isn't it?

(My recycled paper copy of Deathly Hallows is about to be shipped by Amazon CA-- I just got the notice today!)
Old 07-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #73
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just think of all the money the publishers and JR lost by not having an ebook version available since midnight.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #74
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Many of the torrents included statements like "buy a copy today to support the author!" But still, I think Rowling and publishers would have made a small fortune on a legal ebook version. sigh.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #75
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'd gladly re-purchase the lot (maybe not all at the same time) just to have official, fully edited copies that only weigh 9 oz. each (or all together ).
Closed Thread

Tags
harry potter, irc, piracy, scanning