Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Whispersux rather than Whispersync

I'm reading the new book released yesterday called No Easy Day. Though it shouldn't matter which book. I'm reading mostly on my Touch. I've made 15 or so highlights via the Touch. When I Whispersync and look at the book in either Kindle for PC or Kindle for iPad only two highlights are shown. WTF Amazon, when did they screw that up too? Whispersync used to work pretty well. Basically I stay with Kindle because Whispersync has been good. But here lately Amazon seems to be screwing the pooch on more and more things.

And hell yes I synced a bunch of times on all devices and the Whispersync is still dysfunctional. I wish they would clean up their firmware and KF8 before releasing new hardware.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Never had an issue myself. It may be possible to redo an annotation, then export the logs, IIRC this can be done without any hacks, would be good to know if it was a failing in the device to export the data - or the service as you suggest.

There are notes in the Kindle dev corner and wiki on exporting logs via debug commands

;debugOn then ~help gives a list of commands IIRC.
Gurgle that or check out the wiki if any of that interests you

Anyways, that would be my first thought, trace what I could, then go the provider. Hope that helps.

Last edited by twobob; 09-06-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added boldiness
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Whispersync should work. If it doesn't and you have to resort to hacks, then there is no point in having Whispersync at all.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
right. well. guess there's no helping you then. sorry

For the record I don't count using stock included internal functions to glean extra info as "hacks" .

I think of that as research.

Try customer services perhaps they will trace it for you

Last edited by twobob; 09-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Amazon's servers do hiccup once in a while. I'd give the sync another go today and see if it is working properly now.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert