Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Battery cover breaking

My battery cover just broke after a couple of months. The plastic at the screw just split apart so now I have to read with the Cybook in the cover. Has this happened to somebody else and if so have you managed to get Bookeen to send you a new battery cover?

Avoiding these kind of problems is proably one reason why some product does not have a battery that is easy to replace.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
My battery cover is intact, but I have only opened it once, out of curiosity

Can't you use a piece of tape to hold the cover in place?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Mine's perfect, but I've never opened it. Would a drop of "superglue" not fix it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Mine's perfect, but I've never opened it. Would a drop of "superglue" not fix it?
I do not think I have opened it either. I was very surprised when it just broke. It is just not to use superglue to fix it. What I got now is a hole that is to big. But I assume that tape or some other creative solution might work. It also works keeping the Cybook in the cover but I usually read without cover at home.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I see the problem. Sounds as if perhaps the plastic was "stressed" around the screw-hole and just fractured as a result? I would hope that Bookeen could just send you a replacement cover.
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
cubisticus
Connoisseur
cubisticus began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Yes, I had the same problem here -- for me, it seems to be a construction fault (the plastic around the screw is very very thin ...) -- but I managed to fix it with a drop of glue on the broken piece of plastic. But I after all, I have gurantee left and the device was not cheap, so I'm thinking about to contact Bookeen or the reseller for a new cover. What is the best way to contact Bookeen?
cubisticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

support@bookeen.com
Old 02-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
My battery cover just broke after a couple of months. The plastic at the screw just split apart so now I have to read with the Cybook in the cover. Has this happened to somebody else and if so have you managed to get Bookeen to send you a new battery cover?

Avoiding these kind of problems is proably one reason why some product does not have a battery that is easy to replace.
I'm NOT the only one!!!! Hooray!!!

I've requested a new battery cover. I'm still waiting for one. I'm willing to send in the old one, but I've asked they send (and bill me for) just the cover as I don't want to give up my Cybook for such an insignificant reason. Sigh. Still waiting for the email from them...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
OMG..... After the 'Mysterious Broken Screen' topic, now we get the 'Mysterious Broken Battery Cover' topic.......

I know..........
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
OMG..... After the 'Mysterious Broken Screen' topic, now we get the 'Mysterious Broken Battery Cover' topic.......

I know..........
And, mysteriously, no one seems to recognize the humor in this...

Derek
Old 02-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

I laughed.

But the reason is easily seen. You have to apply pressure to close the cover (maybe it is so from the beginning or maybe the battery has swelled as these kind of battery do after a while) so you have one small screw and the plastic around the hole holding everything in place and with the constant pressure it will break sooner or later.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard

Yay! I just got my response back from Bookeen support!

Quote:
Sir,

We do apologise for the inconvenience.

Could you please provide us with the address we will ship the battery door to?

Best regards,

Bookeen Support Team
Derek
Old 02-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

I also got that response today (sent an email to them a couple of days ago).
Old 02-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

I got the new battery cover today so in this case the Bookeen support worked very well.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #15
cubisticus
Connoisseur
cubisticus began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I got the new battery cover today so in this case the Bookeen support worked very well.
Hmm, I haven't heard anything yet from them - did you write them in english or french? Did you send them a copy of your bill or something like that?
cubisticus is offline   Reply With Quote