Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
Albyr
Enthusiast
Albyr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best large E Ink reader

I have a iRex DR800 that is slowly dying on me. I'd like to replace it with something similar.

Essential features:
* E Ink - I'm not interested in TFT/LCD/OLED etc readers; E Ink only
* Large size - 8-inches diagonally at absolute minimum, but nothing insane. A4 is about as large as I want to go.
* Good PDF support - This is for reading screenplays and they only come as PDFs.

Not required:
* I'm not interested in WiFi or 3G; I'll take them if that's all that's available but I'm not fussed about it.
* Annotation features - this is purely for reading
* Extraneous features like MP3 playing etc.

Not wanted:
* Anything tied into "stores" - no Kindles for example.

I can wait a few months if there's anything good coming out soon; but it has to be something that *is actually coming out*. The eReader market seems ripe with vapourware that never actually appears.

Thanks,

Alby
Albyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Take a look at this thread which is effectively exploring the same question:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147122

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
Albyr
Enthusiast
Albyr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, Graham. Didn't see this.