Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
Franky
Nameless Being

i'm new to

hi, i'm a new member, from Switzerland. we read a lot and since a couple of months we switched to ereading. super. we currently have a Sony prs505. we'd like to get a 8 or 9 inch reader. is here someone who can help me on some addresses in New York city? we are visiting half april and like to buy a new reader.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Franky, can't help you with the info but wanted to say hello
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 02:39 AM   #3
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Welcome, Franky. Are you using Calibre? It's the best software and it was created by one of our own.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
Franky
Nameless Being

yup, calibre does work for me. i've got also adobe digital editions. i'm not sure which program will stay..
Old 03-08-2010, 02:52 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Frankie. I can't imagine trading in my own 505 for a reader with a larger screen, but with the choices out there now, I guess we're all fortunate to be able to pick the ideal device for ourselves rather than merely choose from limited options as in past years. Good luck in NY. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 AM   #6
Franky
Nameless Being

i'm not going to trade my 505, no way... but i need to buy another reader in order to split the fun with my wife.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:21 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Ahh ... Now that makes sense, Franky: a two-reader family, eh? N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	penguinHello.gif
Views:	156
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	47514 Franky, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Franky & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Welcome to MobileRead, Franky... Buy a kindle2.... Great reader and not too expensive...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
Franky
Nameless Being

Sorry Lene, no kindle for me. I'm looking at the DR800SG or so.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
If you are looking at DR800 then look at Best Buy stores. If you are staying in a hotel then look for one near that. I don't know if Best Buy actually carries them in store or just online.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:45 AM   #13
Franky
Nameless Being

tnx Grooks, that's info i like....
Old 03-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #14
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello franky and welcome to the site.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:35 AM   #15
Franky
Nameless Being

right, i've got the DR800SG from the States. I can say it's one of my best purchase i.= did for a long time. man, what a cool machine. especially when you do the updates. i even can write in PDF-files. absolute awesome an worth every penny. what is very strange is that in Europe they sell it without 3G for more money. stupid. but i took 3 of them with me...