Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #1321
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
If by "new firmware" you mean v5.4.5 -
Then you must jailbreak **before** upgrading to v5.4.5
Installation of additional things is done **after** upgrading to v5.4.5
(Note: You have to use v5.4.5 to get kindlets to run (which is what KUAL is) ).

KUAL and MKK from NiLuJe's snapshots thread -
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

In general, KUAL extensions are not affected (but some applications, like Collections Manager are).

Last edited by knc1; 08-08-2014 at 08:13 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #1322
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Once the device is properly JailBroken, the latest release (2.4) handle those new models just fine . As knc1 mentioned, you will need the snapshot version of MKK, though.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2014, 01:45 AM   #1323
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yup, jailbroke before update, and everything works fine!
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:36 AM   #1324
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
I'm getting a error message that it cannot open the KUAL. I was on 5.4.3.1 that was jailbroken, then I updated to 5.4.5 and jailbroke with the newest jailbreak. After that I pushed the KUAL to the doc folders...Am I missing something?
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #1325
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
I'm getting a error message that it cannot open the KUAL. I was on 5.4.3.1 that was jailbroken, then I updated to 5.4.5 and jailbroke with the newest jailbreak. After that I pushed the KUAL to the doc folders...Am I missing something?
MKK ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #1326
madtabula
madtabula began at the beginning.

Device: pw2
jailbroke then update lost

Hello, I am new here.

I just got a pw2. 9017 flavor with 4gb. It shipped with version 5.4.3.2 and I installed the jailbrake and then the screensaver hack from the snapshot directory. It all worked great. I wanted to add KUAL and didnt see the post on it not working on 4gb devices and sure enough it didnt work. I then read here to upgrade to 5.4.5 in order to use KUAL. I got the bin file from amazon and upgraded. It did a reset and now seems to have wiped out my hacks. my folders are still there for the screensaver hack but it doesnt work.

How do I get KUAL and the screensaver hack to work once again?
madtabula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:14 PM   #1327
madtabula

Also I did install the MKK as part of the routine to get KUAL to work but this was prior to the upgrade to 5.4.5.

I have not done anything since the update to 5.4.5... is this as simple as redoing the MKK and other hacks post 5.4.5 upgrade.

I am unsure if this is still jailbroken anymore
Old 08-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #1328
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, reinstall MKK & SS.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #1329
madtabula

reinstalled ss but didnt work.... am unintalling it via the uninstall bin then gonna reinstall to see. Is there any way you can tell if the device is still jailbroken... a file anything?
Old 08-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #1330
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
MKK ?
Yupp. I installed MKK then Kindlet.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #1331
madtabula

yep works! THANKS
Old 08-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #1332
readandread
Zealot

I also uninstalled and reinstall MKK and then Kindlet. Same problem. When I click the Kindle Launcher I get the message that says I should contact the Kindle support. Should I contact them? : )

I can use the Cool reader just fine that I did not reinstall after updating and then jailbreaking to version 5.4.5.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #1333
readandread
Zealot

OK seems to work fine now, except that most of the time I have to click the KUAL launcher twice for it to work. First time I get an error then it works. I'm fine with this behaviour.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #1334
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@readandread: Either you have a lot of KUAL extensions installed (or complex ones, like the SS/Fonts one), or your device is busy indexing in the background.

Or it's busy finishing booting.

Installing & enabling the gawk extension helps in most cases, but clicking on KUAL like a ninja right after boot can still sometimes fail the first time (cold cache in general, KUAL cache to rebuild, device busy => we hit the 2s timeout).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-09-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #1335
dfect
dfect began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DXG
I've tried installed this on my Kindle DXG running on 3.2.1

I've installed jailbreak, MKK and placed the KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2 in documents.

It doesn't seem to appear in the list so I can click it. (?)

I've tried several times to remove it and copied it.

Other documents is there I can see.

JB should be working fine because screen saver hack is working.

What have i missed?
dfect is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified