Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
This seems like a good time to set up a dual-boot. I've been running CM7 only for a couple of months, but would like a stock install for reference/testing purposes, and to check out the in-store features. I'm just waiting on a CWM-installable .zip of 1.3 to cut out a few steps in the process.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
So far I think I'll stick with CM7 - B&N doesn't support the apps I use most, and the stock Nook Reader still isn't as good as the generic Android one.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #18
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I just installed it on my dual boot CM7. How hard can it be for them to add the "delete" to books - not the archive that still leaves it on the reader. If they would put in a delete, I would go back as I'm quite content with the reader otherwise. Thank goodness for CM7 that allows deleting!
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #19
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I did read something about it speeding up the responsiveness of the device in general.
Ah, thanks for the info. If that's all it does, I think I'll just plod on without the update for now. I'm a pretty happy camper with the way mine's responding -- I only use it for reading books and it's great.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #20
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I have my NC CM7 and I will keep it that way
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #21
rozie1234
rozie1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Unable to Update Nook Color Software

I spent about 4-5 hours on the phone with Barnes and Noble trying to update my Nook Color to the 1.3 software version. No luck. I did everything I was told to do except to de-register my nook and to bring my nook back to factory settings (which made no sense to me). Every time I download the software update and copy it into my Nook drive, wait for it to go to sleep, it doesn't update! Nothing happens!

I am kind of at my wits end. I don't want to restore to factory settings and have to download all my books again!

Can anyone here help me?
rozie1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I just installed it on my dual boot CM7. How hard can it be for them to add the "delete" to books - not the archive that still leaves it on the reader. If they would put in a delete, I would go back as I'm quite content with the reader otherwise. Thank goodness for CM7 that allows deleting!
Isn't that the most irritating thing EVER? They did the same thing with their PC reading software--you have to a) delete the books from the directory, and, ready for this?, you have to b) uninstall and reinstall Nook for PC. It's idiotic, absolutely idiotic.

It infuriates me that they don't think I should be allowed to DELETE anything I've sideloaded to the desktop app, much less the reader itself (without going in via USB). Morons.

And what good IS the wi-fi, if it's only usable to shop their store? I can't believe that they're so far behind that you can't upload a book using DB. I truly do not like this device.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #23
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
And what good IS the wi-fi, if it's only usable to shop their store? I can't believe that they're so far behind that you can't upload a book using DB. I truly do not like this device.
It's a great device, just running very limited software out of the box. With CM7 (Android 2.3.5 vs. B&N's highly abridged 2.2.x) I can not only access my dropbox on my NC, but access any and stream many files on my home network via File Expert (replacement file manager). I can also remote into my PC (or any PC, with permission) from afar with Team Viewer, to move files into my dropbox, for instance. And, of course, I can read, load or purchase ebooks in any format from any source, in much fuller-featured readers than the NC stock. There are also much more capable keyboards and browsers available for 'plain' Android.

If you're chafing at the NC's limitations, it's not like there's nothing you can do about it.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:04 AM   #24
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
It's a great device, just running very limited software out of the box. With CM7 (Android 2.3.5 vs. B&N's highly abridged 2.2.x) I can not only access my dropbox on my NC, but access any and stream many files on my home network via File Expert (replacement file manager). I can also remote into my PC (or any PC, with permission) from afar with Team Viewer, to move files into my dropbox, for instance. And, of course, I can read, load or purchase ebooks in any format from any source, in much fuller-featured readers than the NC stock. There are also much more capable keyboards and browsers available for 'plain' Android.

If you're chafing at the NC's limitations, it's not like there's nothing you can do about it.
And as a personal device, that's perfectly true; but I use mine for development testing of Nook's very limited usage, so I can't play with it too much. I have to use/see/experience it as those who use it OOTB do; not as I would, given my choice.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote