Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
FYI @Charles: article sort tweak and autosort/automerge

A minor update/change:

Responding to a bug report/enhancement request, the autosort/automerge option in Adding Books|"If books with similar author ..found" (used in Adding Books and Copy to Library to identify matching books in the library) now uses Charles' title_sort_articles tweak to identify articles to be ignored during the compare. (Other fuzzy title matching is still done to ignore punctuation, multiple spaces, etc.)

The default tweak is: title_sort_articles=r'^(A|The|An)\s+' which means the default autosort/automerge behavior is unchanged even if the tweak is undefined.

The comparison is done with case ignored. Changing the tweak to title_sort_articles=r'^(A|The|An|XYz)\s+' means that a book with the title "XYZ Circus" will match all these book titles:
"Circus"
"circus"
"A Circus"
"a Circus"
"the Circus"
"The Circus"
"An circus"
"AN Circus"
"xyz Circus"
etc., provided the author(s) field also matches.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@Starson17: Is this an FYI? If so, thanks.

If it is to point me at a problem, I don't see what the problem is.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@Starson17: Is this an FYI? If so, thanks.
If it is to point me at a problem, I don't see what the problem is.
Sorry, I was unclear. The purpose wasn't to point at a problem. It was just to let you know your code had a new effect in case you have a reason to change that tweak in any way.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I think that was in response to a bug I filed some time ago. Charles, I believe we had a brief discussion about this, though I can't for the life of me remember in which thread it happened.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I think that was in response to a bug I filed some time ago. Charles, I believe we had a brief discussion about this, though I can't for the life of me remember in which thread it happened.
You would look for threads for a long time, because it was in a PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Here's the bug report: http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/7147
I didn't notice it was by you, and didn't see it until yesterday. Kovid assigned it to me, but I missed it somehow. It only took a moment to change the code.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The PM explains why I didn't know the thread Yeah, to summarize: It was a behaviour I stumbled upon while translating and wanted a clarification on to know what exactly to translate. Thanks for fixing, though.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
The PM explains why I didn't know the thread Yeah, to summarize: It was a behaviour I stumbled upon while translating and wanted a clarification on to know what exactly to translate. Thanks for fixing, though.
At several points the code Charles wrote and the code I wrote have similarities (identifying leading articles and identifying similar/identical books being the two most prominent.) This was the first spot where I thought the two could be linked instead of being entirely separate/parallel. Thanks for your bug post.