Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
ctop
Connoisseur
ctop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: zaurus->palm->iPad->Sony PRS-T1,T2,T3->Kobo Forma&Likebook Ares
how to customize the view command?

Hi there,

Recently I started to use calibre also to manage my collection of PDF files. Some of them are also converted to EPUB, so that I can view them in FBreader or Stanza on mobile devices. However, when I am on my Laptop in calibre, I usually want to see the PDF, not the EPUB file. This works well if there is only PDF, but if there is also EPUB, calibre will prefer the EPUB file and I can't view the PDF file. So my question is: Is there a way to customize this preference? Ideally, I would like to rank the available formats so that I can say which one should be used in preference to others for viewing. This should be only for the viewer, since the conversion and export have different requirements.

Any help appreciated,

Ctop
ctop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the arrow next to the view button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
ctop
Connoisseur
ctop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: zaurus->palm->iPad->Sony PRS-T1,T2,T3->Kobo Forma&Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
click the arrow next to the view button.
Kovid, thanks for the quick answer!

Yes, I know:-). I forgot to say that I would like to have a keyboard command. Currently, when I press 'v', this will start the epub viewer, but I would like to go to the external PDF viewer instead, if there is a PDF file. So maybe add a new key Shift+v that brings up the format selection? Or allow the format preferences to be customized?

Ctop
ctop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket to request the feature.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote